1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Percentage of PWC's with Methylation 'blocks'/defects...

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by dannybex, Aug 31, 2011.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I was wondering if anyone (Rich?) knows what percentage of folks with ME/CFS who have had the methylation panel run have been shown to have problems with methylation?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
  3. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Dan.

It will be interesting to see how the poll comes out. I don't have a percentage to give you, but I would say that nearly all the test results I've seen from PWMEs/PWCs have shown problems with methylation. Most also have glutathione depletion, but there is a subset that doesn't show glutathione depletion. I think they have genetic polymorphisms with the enzymes that make use of glutathione (the glutathione peroxidases and the glutathione transferases), based on the data I have, which is not very voluminous.

Best regards,

Rich

4. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Thanks Rich! :)

See more popular forum discussions.