Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Per Fink and Schroeder criticize the IOM report, Clayton responds

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Never Give Up, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

Woolie, Roseblossom, Sean and 8 others like this.
  2. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

Yea it doesn't, but neither does babbling around a bit then claiming that it's all the same.

And we don't need just need more research, but biomedical research because that can actually provide answers based on objective reality unlike psych research which is just well dressed opinion.

Woolie, RL_sparky, Sean and 10 others like this.
  3. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    I found Dr Clayton's reference to the DSM to be rather amusing. I certainly appreciate that she is pointing out the hypocrisy of the psychobabblers' demand that the SEID criteria meets a standard we seldom see in the DSM.

At the same time, the DSM is such a low-quality document that I wouldn't want my shiny new million-dollar criteria associated with it in any way.

I'm not at all impressed with Dr Clayton's claim that they listened to patients, advocates, clinicians, and researchers who clearly want the industry to use the Canadian criteria or a variation thereof. If they were really listening, then they must need new hearing aids.

Woolie, ukxmrv, Wildcat and 1 other person like this.
  4. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

Amusing criticism, especially coming from the 'bodily distress syndrome' dynamic duo. Clayton completely shuts them down with the objective findings part. This is the true science that these asshats love to ignore while attempting to shove CFS/FM/etc into their imagined somatoform disorder bucket.

Woolie, Roseblossom, jimells and 7 others like this.
  5. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    Too bad the abstract doesn't include the criteria for their "disease". Methinks perhaps being alive qualifies one for this silliness. Or maybe the "Journal of Psychosomatic Research" is really a satire, and the joke's on us?

PNWMom likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.