1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Peer-review practices of psychological journals: The fate of published articles, submitted again"

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, May 24, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

@bobbobme on Twitter drew my attention to this interesting study, although it was published in 1982:

WillowJ, biophile, wdb and 1 other person like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Thanks. I wonder if it would be harder to replicate now, as it would be more likely that the paper having already being published would be noticed.

biophile likes this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Yes, probably harder to replicate. But that doesn't mean the same basic problem isn't around.

4. Sean

Sean Senior Member

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Details change, the principle underlying the problems doesn't.

See more popular forum discussions.