• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PDK inhibitors

mariovitali

@adreno : Regarding GAS6

Because warfarin inhibited the hypertrophic effect of Gas6/Axl and activa- tion of the Akt/mTOR pathway in vivo, we examined whether Gas6 can activate the Akt/mTOR pathway in mesangial cells in vitro. After stimulation of mesangial cells with the indicated concentrations of Gas6 for 30 min, phosphorylation of Akt, p70 S6 kinase, and 4E-BP-1 was examined by Western blotting. As shown in Fig. 15.7, Gas6 increased phosphorylation of Akt, p70 S6 kinase, and 4E-BP-1 in mesangial cells. The same dose of Gla-defective Gas6 did not affect their phosphorylation. Thus, Gas6 can activate the Akt/mTOR pathway in vitro.

Reference :

https://www.elsevier.com/books/vitamin-k/litwack/978-0-12-374113-4

ukxmrv

I've just popped a Rantidine (Zantac) actually, not sure if Tagamet is available in the UK...let's see what happens!

Tagamet is available through Ebay in the UK or online chemists

Zantac does nothing for my ME symptoms but I am yet to try Tagamet

knackers323

Thanks guys, yeah I was putting a lot of hope into Rapamycin I even stopped my other mTor supplements. I just sent my doc at OMI to ask about continuing with Rapamycin. I broke it down into immediate effects from Akt and long term effects from B cells. It's pretty clear to me it's not going to have a miraculous effect at this point, but it may if I continue it long enough. Similarly @AdamS I've tried hundreds of meds and supps and nothing has stopped the progression of this illness. Pretty frustrating.

you still on the rapamycin @eljefe19 ?

godlovesatrier

A quote from the Reddit thread with an update on how this person did. Just in case anyone else like me went looking for how this person got on with the drug:

@Tunguska I felt pretty sure I was improving 2-3 days into starting Rapamycin but I'm a week in now at 1mg and the last two days have been pretty standard PEM. Suffice to say I'm not feeling any tremendous relief from Akt activation. I shouldn't have by now shouldn't I? I've now tried several Akt activators without any great results.