• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Paul Ryan wants to abolish Medicare and replace it with a voucher system, Obama may be just as bad

Vincent

After thinking about it more, I've developed a new opinion. GG is right people die on it because of the various medical adventures and the entire paradigm of 'health care' has been so corrupted in this country. Just take most of us on this board. The system of synthetic chemicals and surgery, that just leads to more medical dependance, does not work for us. The system is confounded trying to deal with us. They say it's a psych diagnosis most of the time and send us on our way.

I think what we have in this country is a fake form of healthcare not practiced in most of the world. You can't even talk about a vitamin or mineral to a traditional allopathic dr, they have no idea. Nor does the dr sit down with you and talk about your lifestyle, how you deal with stress, etc. It's all just 'patient screening and pill popping.

We need to change the paradigm, prescription drugs and surgery are only good for those acute, rare, of traumatic experiences in life. Being on prozac does not 'cure' your depression, doing internal soul-searching and talk therapy does. I believe the same goes for us, our bodies have reached their limit and we break down with cfs, for whatever reason. Only real healthcare works for us: vitamins, minerals, lifestyle changes, etc.

It's a bigger problem born out of compartmentalization and corporate dominance and dependance, that can't be explained or solved in a soundbite based news media. When you really think about it taking responsibility for your health is about much more than just going to the dr. I know a lot of people, and this may be the prevailing mindset, that they go to the dr and the dr 'fixes' them and they get back to doing whatever.