1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Patricia Kane: "Bad" Fats get bad rep...

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by dannybex, Sep 10, 2009.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Hopefully this link will work...it's a PDF file, but shows up on my browser (Safari) as an html...

http://www.bodybio.com/BodyBio/docs/BodyBioBulletin-4to1Oil.pdf

It's a long, but very interesting read, and talks about how some fats have been wrongfully demonized (like Omega 6 and certain fatty acids found in saturated fats and cholesterol), why low cholesterol can sometimes be too low, plus documents a few case studies of fatty acid imbalances and how they can affect one's health.

Also discussed are Omega-3's, the proper fatty acid balance, the possibility of consuming too much flax, Johanna Budwig's protocol, etc.

Hope the link works. (I just tried it here using Firefox, and I get a window asking if I want to open it as an Adobe Acrobat file...if you don't have Adobe Acrobat, perhaps someone more computer savvy than moi can convert the link to one that everyone can read.)

Dan

d.
  2. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Dan,

All I know is ... I LOVE butter. :D
  3. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    Jody,

All i know is, I love (flavourless) Coconut oil for baking! ;)

-It's in infant formulas
    -It's given to people whom's digestion is not functioning properly
    -It's satured, BUT overall consists of medium chained triglycerides (MCT's). It's seen in some studies that these MCT's go directly to the liver, thus not causing artery plaque, heart disease. It increases HDL...
    -The liver directly transforms MCT's into energy :cool:
    -Coconuts have long been staple foods for certain groups of people
    -Coconut oil contains anti-microbial substances :cool:
    -It's assumed that mostly unsaturated fat turns into dangerous transfats
    -more @ http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

-tip: buy non hydrogenated oil (extra vierge or flavour removed by steaming)

Frank
  4. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Frank,

Me too.:D

I use it for the Carb Eaters at my house.:)

See more popular forum discussions.