1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Patients Share DNA for Cures

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Waverunner, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Waverunner

Waverunner Senior Member

Sasha likes this.
  2. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Senior Member

West Coast USA
    I believe that is part of Dr. Kogelnik's research agenda at OMI -- not just genetics but a bank of other diagnostic possibilities like toxin assays?
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    A lot of us have been sharing our 23andMe results in the SNP subforum. There's a thread comparing rare allele data at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/rare-allele-data.23978/ and my fiance and I have created a much easier and faster rare allele analysis program which is discussed at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/download-for-rare-snp-analysis.24983
    Little Bluestem and Waverunner like this.
  4. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    I've tried to encourage people to share results before, but with no luck. It is a shame, I think there could be game-changing discoveries to be made by just analysing large enough data sets. It's pretty much the only thing we could do to help ourselves.
  5. Waverunner

Waverunner Senior Member

May I ask which results you were referring to? Whole genome sequencing is still pretty expensive (3k to 5k?).
  6. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    Anything and everything, including just personal information like location, disease history etc.
    I would devote time to creating a database if I could think of a way to encourage people to use it...

See more popular forum discussions.