• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Patients Educating Physicians

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
that's really neat, Tina.

I've been working on my doctors and have made some progress. Those are good sources to give them, thanks. :)

Enid

..... er we have to continue to guide. Most physicians know nothing locked in their world " don't know must be all the mind". A ship soon to be changed round. What a let down that the most respected profession has to be taught by patients.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
This is a great idea. I'm going to send the new spinal fluid research to my ex-neurologist. He was a compassinate man and I believed that he did everything that he knew to do but still couldn't find one thing wrong with me despite me neuropathy and severe muscle weakness.

The bonus here is that he is also a professor and works at a teaching hospital, so this will hopefully trickle down to his students as well!

frenchtulip

Medical schools?

How about including medical schools? I've been thinking of doing that for a long time.

Oh, SpecialK82, I should have read all the posts. I love your idea of sending to your ex-neurologist who is also a professor at a teaching hospital.

usedtobeperkytina

of course

Of course, include medical schools. We have the science on our side now. We just need to get it to the physicians. Medical schools will help influence future physicians. And to be honest, that has been a problem, the bias is worse there.

I ask you guys help me spread the word. We need more buzz.

Today is the day. We can make a difference. I have a few particular physicians in mind, those that I know are ignorant.

Tina