1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Patient has made a $1M matching grant to the Mt. Sinai ME Center!

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by justinreilly, Nov 4, 2011.

1. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    From European Society for ME on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ESME-European-Society-for-ME/326113349124

Dolphin likes this.
  2. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    Excellent news!
  3. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Wow! That's fantastic!
  4. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I'm really excited about this, especially because he is my doctor and I think very highly of him.
    I hope it will be successful. The more people doing studies from different angles, the better chance we have on finding something that will make sense.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Hmmm. They really need a dedicated website to raise money. If this is a matching fund, that means the money is only released as donations come in.
    ixchelkali likes this.
  6. livingwithcfids

livingwithcfids

Thanks for sharing. A million dollars goes a long way! How can we donate? I don't see the fund form or any place to contribute.
  7. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    A big thanks to the patient of Dr. Enlander's for making such a bold matching fund donation. Matching donations of this magnitude help tremendously with much needed funding and the $1,000,000 figure is one the gets attention. Especially coming from a patient, it conveys a commitment to the research community that patients affected by this dreaeded disease the we are ready to fight the fight.

A great big thanks to this patient of Dr. Enlander!!!!!
  8. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    The patient maybe matching Mt. Sinai's contribution.
  9. Klmrav

Klmrav

NC
    It is my understanding that a patient donated the money for Dr. E to collaborate with Mt. Sinai to create the ME/CFS Center. I think it is made payable to Mt. Sinai, earmarked for Dr. E and the ME/CFS Center. I'll keep my eyes open for donation specifics.

See more popular forum discussions.