• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Parvovirus B19 AL IgG - what does the AL stand for?

snowathlete

I got a few results a week ago, and am waiting for the rest, but one of the ones I have back already is for Parvovirus. It's come back as 24.6. >1.0 is positive, but the question is whether this is high or not. The norm for IgG seems to be about 5 according to research I have read, but I havent seen anywhere that labels the test with the AL. What does the AL stand for? Anti-something? I dont know...hope someone knows.

Thanks

Ema

I would call the lab and ask them what it means. Is there a phone number on the results sheet?

FWIW, I would consider your result high. Mine was only 3.3 and my doctor considered it a positive result.

Have you had other viral testing done?

Ema

Ema

Maybe it stands for allotype?

al·lo·type (l-tp)
n.
Any of the genetically determined variants in the constant region of a given subclass of immunoglobulin that is detectable as an antigen by members of the same species having a different constant region.
allo·typic (-tpk) adj.

Just a guess though from googling...

Ema

snowathlete

Thanks Ema, could be Allotype, though both the A and L are uppercase, leaving me thinking it stands for two words?
I may try calling the lab but last time i called to get their address so i could pay them their invoice, we had a hard time understanding each other - their English is not good.

PDXhausted

Throwing my guess in--- in English, I think it would say Ab for antibody. You're using a Dutch lab, correct? The Dutch for antibody is antilichaam (according to Google translate), so maybe that is where the AL comes from?

snowathlete

PDXhausted - yes that'll be it won't it. Nice one!! Thanks so much for checking that. So it is the normal test - gosh I have a high level, what is THAT about?!

PDXhausted

I wish I could help you, but I have no idea. Sounds like you have some nasty intruders though! There is also the possibility of a lab error, so you could retest if you think there might be a mistake, or if your physician has never seen values that high before.

snowathlete

They are uninvited too. I don't like squatters in my body! Yes prob worth a retest to be on the safe side! Particularly as the main treatment is riskyish and expensive.

Maybe I should post for other people's Parvo levels to get an idea how high mine might be.

SOC

They are uninvited too. I don't like squatters in my body! Yes prob worth a retest to be on the safe side! Particularly as the main treatment is riskyish and expensive.

Maybe I should post for other people's Parvo levels to get an idea how high mine might be.
Mine was about 7 on the same scale and considered a relatively mild infection.

SOC

what did it go down to after the equilibrant?
My IgG went from 6.9 to 6.1 over 9 months. I don't have PCR numbers handy, but I remember the PCR went from positive to negative over 3 months with Equilibrant.

FWIW, my daughter's IgG was 6 and her PCR was negative.

Hip

I got a few results a week ago, and am waiting for the rest, but one of the ones I have back already is for Parvovirus. It's come back as 24.6. >1.0 is positive, but the question is whether this is high or not.

If it is high, you know that parvovirus B19 can be considered one of the known causes of ME/CFS. Intravenous immunoglobulins is the treatment for parvovirus B19.

Sea

I had parvovirus July last year followed by a severe viral arthritis that lasted several months. My test result was positive for recent infection but the lab didn't give any numbers.

The only treatment I was given was a week of prednisone and pain relief