• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Partial Right Bundle Block Branch Block (RBBB)

Gavman

Just had a test that found i had this problem. Anyone know anything about it?
I'm heading to the cardiologist early April to see whats going on.
Apparently the right ventricle of my heart doesn't function all that well, could be what my fatigue is about.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
a RBBB can be normal for some people, Cardiologist will hopefully do more tests etc, maybe a stress test to see if any arrythmia's occurr when under stress. Basically its a delay in conduction through the heart and like i mentioned can be normal but definately get it checked out. Do u think u have other symptoms from it? Any periods where it feels like your heart skips a beat or speeds up for no reason. There is also a caution for people taking tricyclic antidepressants with arrythmias as they have the potential to worsen these or maybe just being on a tricyclic could cause arrythmias??

cheers!!!

Gavman

hm yeah bro, i do get numbness on my right side. I think the effexor seems to make it worse. I dont know whether i'd be more pissed if it was nothing or if it actually was the problem.

valentinelynx

Quick input: partial or incomplete RBBB is very common, especially in older individuals. I look at lot of EKGs in my work screening people for surgery. A RBBB is very common and is considered low risk. A LBBB is different, especially if it of new onset, where it could indicate a recent MI (heart attack). A RBBB can be the result of pulmonary disease (e.g. asthma or COPD) or it could be a benign finding. Incomplete (partial) RBBB is almsot always benign. What these things mean is that the impulse from the sinus node in the right atrium passes more slowly through one of the main tracts to the ventricles. Right bundle branch block is in the right ventricle and left bundle branch block is in the left ventricle. Neither of them causes heart failure by themselves. The LBBB can be sign of stress to the left ventricle.