• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Parents of sick children living in fear" (of exercise & child abuse allegations)

I thought this had been posted recently (it's an interesting read), but I can't find it now. Maybe I saw it elsewhere?

Well worth reading.

Dolphin

Apologies if it has been posted.
I searched for the author's name and it didn't show up.
Nor did it show up on this domain googling the title.

SilverbladeTE

This is part of why a very hard line "No more damn bloody compromise or meekness" needs taken with the Weasels and medical profession scumbags.
80 years ago, these same vermin would have been "euthanizing" us, and actually did.
it's the SAME DAMN THING.
Same bigotry, same evil, same arrogance, just a lack of the jackboot and anti-Semitism.
They have abandoned science and compassion and therefor, society should abandon them.

Enid

Awful to see this ignorance still goes on in certain parts. At least as an adult I could think - give me a Shaman any day!

Bob

It's a very sad article to read, to think that the doctors and consultants can turn such a devastating illness into a weapon with which to abuse caring parents and their already suffering children. It makes me feel disempowered as a citizen and an ME patient when ignorant and pig-headed doctors, and so-called medical experts, have so much status and power, and so little accountability.

cigana

This is part of why a very hard line "No more damn bloody compromise or meekness" needs taken with the Weasels and medical profession scumbags.

I completely agree. Question is, what the hell do we do?

We need some way of inciting these parents to act - they're angry and healthy and can do something. We need to get them in touch with each other and organise central protests, preferably somewhere like the Maudsley.