• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Parents making me get psychologically assessed, need ideas for dealing with this

overtheedge

@Learner1
I’ve always wondered what should be done to fight cancer, what was the main thing you credit beating cancer to? did the vitamin c play a big role?

Unfortunately I don’t have the EBV, food allergy, and celiac test results where I can access them, might be a few days before I get them back.

I couldn’t really say whether I’m using up GSH too fast or not recycling well, are there any tests for that specifically?

I’ve never heard of polyMVA before, what have you're experiences with it been like?

Eating gluten/dairy free does sound like a good idea, what always kept me from being able to stay on a diet in the past, when I was really limiting what I was eating that is, is the knowledge that all the really good stuff wasn’t allowed, sweets particularly even though I hardly eat sweets normally anyway but when I’d get off a diet Id eat em like crazy for a few days though I suppose such things wouldn’t be a problem if just dairy and wheat were off limits. What do you do if you want to make sandwiches though, are there bread substitutes?

I have been wondering about homocysteine levels, I do have several gene mutations including the c677t which had my homocysteine levels high until I started methylation supps but now homocysteine keeps going lower and I don’t know if it is good to just keep bringing homocysteine down and wonder where I should draw the line. My test results not being here right now I can’t say which other gene mutations I have, I know I have the warrior gene though now that I think about it.

How do you determine increased oxidative or nitrosative stress?

How long did it take you to start noticing improvement from grain/dairy restrictions?

About testing stomach acid levels, unfortunately there aren’t any Heidelberg capsule using doctors near me and I’ve heard the sodium bicarbonate belch test of stomach acid can be totally inaccurate so I don’t know of any way of doing testing at this time unless you count jumping right into taking stomach acid as a test.

Thanks for the input
Take care

overtheedge

Got my tests back yesterday, here's the data:
Celiac Disease II Endomysial Antibody IgA t-transglutaminase (tTG) IgA:
2 u/mL which, according to the test, is negative

For allergies I've had an IgG test of the common food allergens run showing Lobster, oat, and egg[whole] to be mild allergens

As for EBV. my VCA IgM is always negative while Early antigen IgG, VCA IgG, and Nuclear antigen IgG are always positive. The interpretation guide lists this pattern as either meaning the virus it is convalescent, chronic, or reactivated.

The glutathione test I had run was for Total Glutathione which came up 556 uM out of 544-1228 uM so it is borderline low. I've been wondering if that is the best test for it though. If anyone can give me info on that it would be much appreciated

The methylation profile gene tests shows these mutations

Heterozygous:
COMT V158M, COMT H62H, MTHFR C677T, MTRR A66G, MTRR K350A, BHMT-02, BHMT-08, AHCY-01, AHCY-19.
Homozygous:
VDR Bsm, MAO A R297R, CBS C699T

My doc gave me these recommendations for dealing with the genes:
for the COMT mutations take SAMe
for VDR Bsm mutation take Vitamin D
for the MTRR mutations take B12
for the BHMT mutations take TMG
for the CBS mutation take glutatione but not NAC
I'm just getting around to the glutathione but the others I've been using for a while, might be helping, not certain but I do think my energy has been much better since seeing this doc though it might be for some of the other stuff she advised me to take or some of the stuff I've tested on my own

All the best

Dainty

I'm too tried to read the long posts at the moment, but I just wanted to say I'm so relieved to hear the psychologist who evaluated you was a good one. One hurdle down...unfortunately many more to go. :/

Keep up the good fight!

Learner1

Got my tests back yesterday, here's the data:
Celiac Disease II Endomysial Antibody IgA t-transglutaminase (tTG) IgA:
2 u/mL which, according to the test, is negative

For allergies I've had an IgG test of the common food allergens run showing Lobster, oat, and egg[whole] to be mild allergens
I'd avoid anything you reacted to, especially eggs.
As for EBV. my VCA IgM is always negative while Early antigen IgG, VCA IgG, and Nuclear antigen IgG are always positive. The interpretation guide lists this pattern as either meaning the virus it is convalescent, chronic, or reactivated.
At this point, you might want to see on the side of chronic, reactivated, especially if they're high. Have you tried valacyclovir or valganciclovir for several months? Look up Lerner and Montoya and EBV and the 2 drugs. They may help you. Did they look for HHV6? CMV? HSV? Other viruses?

The glutathione test I had run was for Total Glutathione which came up 556 uM out of 544-1228 uM so it is borderline low. I've been wondering if that is the best test for it though. If anyone can give me info on that it would be much appreciated

The methylation profile gene tests shows these mutations

Heterozygous:
COMT V158M, COMT H62H, MTHFR C677T, MTRR A66G, MTRR K350A, BHMT-02, BHMT-08, AHCY-01, AHCY-19.
Homozygous:
VDR Bsm, MAO A R297R, CBS C699T

My doc gave me these recommendations for dealing with the genes:
for the COMT mutations take SAMe
for VDR Bsm mutation take Vitamin D
for the MTRR mutations take B12
for the BHMT mutations take TMG
for the CBS mutation take glutatione but not NAC
I'm just getting around to the glutathione but the others I've been using for a while, might be helping, not certain but I do think my energy has been much better since seeing this doc though it might be for some of the other stuff she advised me to take or some of the stuff I've tested on my own

All the best
Hands down, the best, most cost effective test, especially if you do the Pre Pay program us Genova Diagnostics NutrEval.

Its more than just your genes. Its your nutrient status and environmental factors.

You'll likely need methylB12 and folate plus cofactors like B6, B2, magnesium, and maybe potassium. My doc doesn't use SAMe, which can impact your mood, but may use methionine, if homocysteine is low. You should be fine with NAC.

The NutrEval can help you optimize your nutrients for your needs.

Best wishes...

overtheedge

@Learner1
Had CMV tested for in IgG and IgM, both came up negative

I took a look at that NutrEval, that test has everything, I;ll have to see if my insurance will help me with it as it would be expensive without.

How do I pre pay, I searched on google and I see the easy pay program, is that it? I searched through this site about the nutreval and found https://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/genova_diagnostics_nutreval.html as a place to buy it without a doc which is convenient, at which point do I get insurance involved? Do I send them a copy of the payment sheet that comes with the test kit or something?

All the best

Learner1

Definitely check out how you can do the Easy Pay in advance. The test runs around $2,000 list price. Call Genova and ask if your insurance usually covers it.

When you get the kit, there's a form inside where you fill in your insurance and credit card info for the Easy Pay. They charge you the $159 (or whatever the Easy Pay price is) and bill insurance for the rest.

You MUST do the Easy Pay in advance to get the deal...

Also, follow all draw instructor to the letter. Freeze urine as directed, avoid plums, cherries, grapes for 4 days, and make sure whoever draws your blood as read through all instructions do they do it right. Results take 3-4 weeks, generally, so you don't want to have to redo anything.

Good luck!

overtheedge

@lauluce where did you go to get your CPET testing done? I gotta get something like this to prove to my parents that Im sick; I can’t express how insulting it is to be treated like a headcase or a bum by my family when I’m suffering all day everyday with this monster illness.

Is there a certain type of doctor I should go to to have it performed? I googled the test but mostly just found different hospitals or organizations writing about how they can perform it. Is it that rare or should I just go to the first cardiologist I find listed online and ask them to do it?

lauluce

as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope
@lauluce where did you go to get your CPET testing done? I gotta get something like this to prove to my parents that Im sick; I can’t express how insulting it is to be treated like a headcase or a bum by my family when I’m suffering all day everyday with this monster illness.

Is there a certain type of doctor I should go to to have it performed? I googled the test but mostly just found different hospitals or organizations writing about how they can perform it. Is it that rare or should I just go to the first cardiologist I find listed online and ask them to do it?
Well, I've done it in Argentina, the third world country where I live, so I'm sure you´ll be able to get it done wherever you live. What I did was to go to a general practitioner and present him the research showing the usefulness of a two day CPET, and ask him to give me a written request for performing a single CPET and then a second one 24hs hours later, it wasn't necesary at all to refer to the procedure as "24 hs CPET", he just ASKED FOR TWO CPETS 24 HOURS APART. The testing was donde at a facility where they perform tests for the function of hart and lungs, you'll surelly can find such places. That's the way I've done it... This is the paper of the study I showed to the doctor, you should tell him that excersice makes your symptoms worse, even if that is not the case, as I think you can not be aware that this is happening, but the stud will certainly show it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2734442/
I wish you the best of lucks friend, where are all in this together, you're not alone, my thoughs are with you