Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Parasite - E. Histolytica

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Thomas, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior Member

Canada
    So apparently I have this parasite according to Dr. Cahill in NYC. He is suggesting 10 days of the antibiotic paromomycin and 3 days of the antiparasitic tindamax. Should I treat it? I'm always worried I'll get worse as so many treatments have proved. Sushi on this site already told me she had it and treated it and thought it was the right call.

It seems this is a common parasite so I'm wondering if treating it will actually make me feel better or am I just spinning my wheels. I should add that I've been sick with ME for 2 years (I'm 34) but that I have had classic IBS/anxiety issues since I was a teenager (thanks mom).

So, what do you think?

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Can I ask how you got diagnosed?

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior Member

Canada
    he takes a little scope and then takes a little um "sample".

minkeygirl likes this.
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I was wondering you had to "poop on a plate" like you do with other stool samples! Haha

5. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    I'd follow your dr advice. I never had any positives from testing but treating parasites helped me a lot.
    I'd just take lot of probiotics hours away from every dose of antibiotics. I'd also start the probiotics before the antibiotics and continue for a few weeks afterwards.

6. finalgates

finalgates

take tindamax for longer just to be sure.will you take them together?

See more popular forum discussions.