• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Parasite and Chelation therapy

Martial

Hey everyone, recently I found a therapy treatment I really wanted to use to flush out any possible bacteria, fungas, and parasites in my system. I found a de tox treatment that involved Citridial Grape Seed Extract, and black walnut, both taken by liquid three times a day for at least two weeks.. As far as I know it though the toxins accumulated by bacteria, fungus, and parasites in the gut could be triggered and released. I thought this might then be important to add a chelation agent, I found Glutathione to be the ticket for that. I was going to take the Glutathione in either pill or cream form alongside the liquid extracts, as well as get some clay baths done to soak out toxins, and use a sauna... As for doing both of these at the same time is there any possible risks? As far as I have read it seems relatively harmless, though some people with CFS seem to have adverse reactions.

I should add I am not diagnosed Fibro or Chronic Fatigue, I have been having strong issues with chronic fatigue and a wired and tired feeling but am adding these therapies as I feel its an awesome detox and has a ton of health benefits regardless, plus it could help push out whatever is causing my symptoms as well! I don't have issues with sensitivities or the like so can it be advised to do something like this, I have never done a detox before so do not know a whole lot about it.. Just figured I would take the recommended suggestion of extracts, and add in the Glutathione and Clay baths for added flushing, so I don't get toxic build up from releasing stuff in the gut. Everyone here seems far more informed and with expertise on the subject on this then me, so its always nice to get the help!

Thanks for any tips and hope everyone finds their cure as well! :)

Martial

No I haven't; I hear a few things regarding glutathione though... Obviously its seen as highly beneficial and of great value, but at the same time I hear that it can create toxic loading as the chemicals and toxins release that were trapped suddenly flood the body, though it does get flushed out this way it also creates issues of getting into different body parts, and cells as such. Not too sure what to think of this then... I know the clay baths definitely seem like a safe route though, I wanted to add some form of chelation as I figured that the release of toxins from the seed and nut extracts would help to soak it up, now I am kind of confused... Or maybe its that an oral sulfer is supposed to be used in conjunction to flush out the toxins? Not sure if Glutathione is considered a sulfur or not.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
For chelation the only thing that works well is Alpha Lipoic Acid every three hours, three or four days a week and then resting the remaining days. It is called Andy Cutler chelation because that guy was the pioneer on it.

*GG*

Not sure if you realize it, but CF and CFS are not the same illness, I like the acronym CFIDS better. FYI

GG

leela

FYI, Andy Cutler specializes in chelating metals.

If you are killing off pathogens with GSE and black walnut, I would consider taking some kind of liver support like milkthistle two or three times a day along with molybdenum (start small), as the dying entitities will release acetaldehyde and other toxins that can make you feel extra crappy. Supposedly pantethine and pantothenic acid also help with clearing the toxic release. Vitamin C (whole food or buffered) is a good support, and Tri-Salts on an empty stomach first thing in the am creates an alkaline environment many of them don't like. Of course we are all different so some of these things may or may not work for you.

Glutathione (GSH) is tolerated by some and not others based on your particular methylation pathways. It also is pretty much useless in oral form unless you take s-acetyl-glutathione, which is pricey.

If you tolerate green foods well, a quality green supplement like Billy's Infinity Greens or some such, can help as binding/carrying/supporting agent. (I like the taste of that one.)

Dry skin brushing helps move the lymph, along with contrast showers (I hate those! brr!) and drinking some warm water every 45 minutes helps keep things flushed. Make sure to eat a diet that helps keep things moving as well, and is gentle on the system--like homemade soups and broths etc. Avoid sugar, caffeine, fried foods, processed foods, the obvious baddies.
Castor oil packs are soothing to the liver.

Clay baths are nice but can also be very detoxy. Be wise about the temperature of the water and the amount of clay--in fact you might do better with epsom salts/baking soda baths. You want to find a nice, gentle level for yourself without pushing too much detox all at once. More is not always better :)

You will want to repopulate the gut with a good probiotic once your course is done, and then probably repeat the course after a break, or repeat it with a similar but different combo of agents, to get the full life cycle of the critters. Not only does one need to consider the life cycle (eggs->adults), but they change form (cysts) and go into hiding when under attack, so a pulsed approach gives a better chance of going after them.

I notice you say "any possible" fungus, parasites etc. so I assume you don't know if/with what you have been taken over. Certainly tests are not always reliable, and symptoms can be a good way of gauging--however I wanted to add that GSE and black walnut are both pretty harsh on the system, so you will have some rebuilding and rebalancing to do when you're done.

Finally, I recommend you do some thorough research on detox/cleansing as it is not always easy and it is good to have the proper support. I know there is a lot of contradictory info out there, but finding some further guidance might be good. One can make oneself sicker.

This naturopath does an upbeat, teleconference-based cleanse that you might like to try before hammering your system with the antifungals/antibacterials:
http://www.drcory.com/essential-cleanse
I have done the cleanse, and it is sensible and effective, and is educational if you are new to detoxing.

It is important to be eating simple whole foods, keeping the digestive process moving, supporting the organs, and rebalancing the system after the assualt.

Okay I'll stop there! I'm in the midst of an anti-fungal program right now, and it's been hammering me, so I'm yammering on from experience :ninja:

Good luck!

Martial

FYI, Andy Cutler specializes in chelating metals.

If you are killing off pathogens with GSE and black walnut, I would consider taking some kind of liver support like milkthistle two or three times a day along with molybdenum (start small), as the dying entitities will release acetaldehyde and other toxins that can make you feel extra crappy. Supposedly pantethine and pantothenic acid also help with clearing the toxic release. Vitamin C (whole food or buffered) is a good support, and Tri-Salts on an empty stomach first thing in the am creates an alkaline environment many of them don't like. Of course we are all different so some of these things may or may not work for you.

Glutathione (GSH) is tolerated by some and not others based on your particular methylation pathways. It also is pretty much useless in oral form unless you take s-acetyl-glutathione, which is pricey.

If you tolerate green foods well, a quality green supplement like Billy's Infinity Greens or some such, can help as binding/carrying/supporting agent. (I like the taste of that one.)

Dry skin brushing helps move the lymph, along with contrast showers (I hate those! brr!) and drinking some warm water every 45 minutes helps keep things flushed. Make sure to eat a diet that helps keep things moving as well, and is gentle on the system--like homemade soups and broths etc. Avoid sugar, caffeine, fried foods, processed foods, the obvious baddies.
Castor oil packs are soothing to the liver.

Clay baths are nice but can also be very detoxy. Be wise about the temperature of the water and the amount of clay--in fact you might do better with epsom salts/baking soda baths. You want to find a nice, gentle level for yourself without pushing too much detox all at once. More is not always better :)

You will want to repopulate the gut with a good probiotic once your course is done, and then probably repeat the course after a break, or repeat it with a similar but different combo of agents, to get the full life cycle of the critters. Not only does one need to consider the life cycle (eggs->adults), but they change form (cysts) and go into hiding when under attack, so a pulsed approach gives a better chance of going after them.

I notice you say "any possible" fungus, parasites etc. so I assume you don't know if/with what you have been taken over. Certainly tests are not always reliable, and symptoms can be a good way of gauging--however I wanted to add that GSE and black walnut are both pretty harsh on the system, so you will have some rebuilding and rebalancing to do when you're done.

Finally, I recommend you do some thorough research on detox/cleansing as it is not always easy and it is good to have the proper support. I know there is a lot of contradictory info out there, but finding some further guidance might be good. One can make oneself sicker.

This naturopath does an upbeat, teleconference-based cleanse that you might like to try before hammering your system with the antifungals/antibacterials:
http://www.drcory.com/essential-cleanse
I have done the cleanse, and it is sensible and effective, and is educational if you are new to detoxing.

It is important to be eating simple whole foods, keeping the digestive process moving, supporting the organs, and rebalancing the system after the assualt.

Okay I'll stop there! I'm in the midst of an anti-fungal program right now, and it's been hammering me, so I'm yammering on from experience :ninja:

Good luck!

Thank you those are some great tips! I will add in the Milk Thistle, Vitamin C, and Tri Salts like you mentioned! I have been taking pro biotics as well for a while now so thats good to know they will help, I was going to keep my normal supplement protocol of Vitamin D, C, A multi, Pro Biotics, Magnesium, zinc and HCL for food digestion while adding in the black walnut and GSE liquid 3 times a day on an empty stomach..

I do not know if or what took over either, I have been having weird abdominal cramps and pains for a while, and changes in weight, appetite, insomnia, possible vitamin deficiencies, and shifting bowel changes... I figured this would be a good route since most of it seems to point to parasites, but I am sure it would help to clear out the other stuff too.. Also its hard to show up on most tests, and doctors have a hard time recognizing alot of it as well.. Don't want to jump on actual parasite meds if I don't completely know for sure.

Yes I was also thinking of doing a pulsed approach maybe sometime after down the line with another source or different dosage!

I was just gonna try and do a clay bath once a week alongside the other stuff, I really just want to get the toxins out asap without overdoing it... Do you feel as though one clay or epsom salt bath a week would help alongside the detox without doing too much harm? I figured I would do some massages on top of the baths to ease the process and body as well..

I would love to try the de tox program first but don't really have the cash aside to do it... I did however for the past years kept a very de tox like diet full of organic foods, no dairy, or gluten, and various supplements that helped with gut health and the like... I feel maybe this would be enough to allow my system to relax with it though, The most issues I have with upset stomach and pains is from post nasal drip is also from a chronic sinusitis issue...

Freddd

Hey everyone, recently I found a therapy treatment I really wanted to use to flush out any possible bacteria, fungas, and parasites in my system. I found a de tox treatment that involved Citridial Grape Seed Extract, and black walnut, both taken by liquid three times a day for at least two weeks.. As far as I know it though the toxins accumulated by bacteria, fungus, and parasites in the gut could be triggered and released. I thought this might then be important to add a chelation agent, I found Glutathione to be the ticket for that. I was going to take the Glutathione in either pill or cream form alongside the liquid extracts, as well as get some clay baths done to soak out toxins, and use a sauna... As for doing both of these at the same time is there any possible risks? As far as I have read it seems relatively harmless, though some people with CFS seem to have adverse reactions.

I should add I am not diagnosed Fibro or Chronic Fatigue, I have been having strong issues with chronic fatigue and a wired and tired feeling but am adding these therapies as I feel its an awesome detox and has a ton of health benefits regardless, plus it could help push out whatever is causing my symptoms as well! I don't have issues with sensitivities or the like so can it be advised to do something like this, I have never done a detox before so do not know a whole lot about it.. Just figured I would take the recommended suggestion of extracts, and add in the Glutathione and Clay baths for added flushing, so I don't get toxic build up from releasing stuff in the gut. Everyone here seems far more informed and with expertise on the subject on this then me, so its always nice to get the help!

Thanks for any tips and hope everyone finds their cure as well! :)

Hi Martial,

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-stages-of-methylation-and-healing.21725/page-16
Post 277. This is the beginning of half a dozen pages of symptoms. Go write down ALL of your symptoms from all of these lists. Then also list separately all your other symptoms. I was sick with FMS for 25 years and CFS for 16 years before diagnosis. Diagnosis is almost meaningless. You can have 99% match and miss one "critical" symptom and so sorry, you have mystery disease, not FMS/CFS/ME. So match up your symptoms, no matter how minor or how long you have had them. If you had certain ones in childhood it tells us exactly what is wrong.

People think of b12 deficiency as a single unified thing. It isn't. There are at least 4 specific b12 deficiencies and 6 or more levels of healing and quite a few variations of folate problems. You likely have 21st century mystery disease which includes FMS/CFS/ME and a dozen more diagnoses and even more undiagnosable combinations. So check out your symptoms and let's see what might be happening.

Glutathione is the most dangerous thing people take intentionally. It permanently oxidizes both B12s and sweeps it from the body in hours causing immediate methyltrap and over weeks Subacute Combined Degeneration (brain damage).

Martial

Hi Martial,

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-stages-of-methylation-and-healing.21725/page-16
Post 277. This is the beginning of half a dozen pages of symptoms. Go write down ALL of your symptoms from all of these lists. Then also list separately all your other symptoms. I was sick with FMS for 25 years and CFS for 16 years before diagnosis. Diagnosis is almost meaningless. You can have 99% match and miss one "critical" symptom and so sorry, you have mystery disease, not FMS/CFS/ME. So match up your symptoms, no matter how minor or how long you have had them. If you had certain ones in childhood it tells us exactly what is wrong.

People think of b12 deficiency as a single unified thing. It isn't. There are at least 4 specific b12 deficiencies and 6 or more levels of healing and quite a few variations of folate problems. You likely have 21st century mystery disease which includes FMS/CFS/ME and a dozen more diagnoses and even more undiagnosable combinations. So check out your symptoms and let's see what might be happening.

Glutathione is the most dangerous thing people take intentionally. It permanently oxidizes both B12s and sweeps it from the body in hours causing immediate methyltrap and over weeks Subacute Combined Degeneration (brain damage).

Hi Freddd, Wow honored you responded to my post! Actually I was very interested in Methylation therapy and previously looked into it, and yes of course I have a lot of those symptoms as well.. And this all happened relatively more rapidly in the past year, prior to that no real issues in my entire life. I was actually going to implement it after I finished this detox! Just didn't want to jump into too much at one time... I was pretty confused about it though, it seems extremely complex and people talk about having to add additional things like potassium and skewed blood results and the like. Is there an easy and simple protocol I could follow, I figured even if it is not a full blown case or a person is already relatively healthy it would help regardless even then.

Methylation therapy was one of the most interesting things I came across and was interested in since finding this site, appreciate the help!

I also was looking to test b12 levels recently but from what I read on your posts it seems this protocol is far more vital then b12 shots which bring harm and side effects, also I will not use the Glutathione if that is the case..

Also what could be a good small initial dosing protocol to avoid over methylation? and does it react with other supplements or foods? Any changes In diet I would need to make to initiate methylation supplements?

Last edited:

ahmo

Martial, FWIW, I've been using clay in footbaths. This decreases my costs, and makes things simpler. I used 2-3 Tablespoons initially, then self-tested for less after a big elimination approx. 9 months later. I also add activated charcoal to these baths, and bicarb. Here's a place where you can get specific blends of herbs added to clay for different metal detoxxing. I started w/ aluminum, as I had high levels. After some months switched to mercury. Now back on plain bentonite. I'm also using chlorella to bind and carry out the bacteria associated w/ metals and metal detox. Juicing, especially green, helps detox. there's a lot of detox info, esp. Cutler protocol, at curezone.org. Link is to the detox clay baths. cheers, ahmo

http://www.magneticclay.com/