Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Paper: Electrical (and wireless?) devices activate EB virus

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, May 1, 2016.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    This is an old paper (1997) but in view of the fact that a number of people find they are adversely affected by electrical devices, it is of interest. Has there been further supporting evidence since this paper was published?

I discovered when laid up with hypertensive encephalopathy ( a late addition to ME with very similar neurological symptoms) that electrical wireless devices exacerbated the encephalopathy significantly in seconds and I had to keep them out of my room. I know that is not relevant to the reactivation of viruses, but it is further proof to me at least that electrical devices are best avoided whenever possible.

ahmo, Effi and cigana like this.
  2. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    I did not realise there was so much research on this topic. This site has a summary of a large number of papers: http://www.emf-portal.de/?l=e

ahmo likes this.
  3. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    Nooooooo.

But if you are too sick to work upright, most long-distance jobs require tech... :( :( :(

-J

See more popular forum discussions.