• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Panic related to induced B vits deficiency? Opinion on my genes

First of all, my hetero and homo genes: http://i.imgur.com/rzQOS16.jpg
Basically two VDR +/+, MTRR A66G +/+, a BHMT08 +/+ and a GSTP1 +/+

My symptoms before starting to use mfolate + b12: lack of motivation, low libido, poor psychological resilience, nocturne hypoglycemia (waking up scared at night, with brain zaps, but not panic attack)

First try: 400mcg quatrefolic + 1 liquid b12 (500mcg hydro + 500mcg mb12) + 100mg niacin… This was the best thing I ever done! I gained super psychological resilience (all stress, all my thoughts were manageable), my libido went to the hoof and my nocturne hypoglycemia disappeared. This feeling lasted 3~4 days, then I tried to use mfolate + b12 again… meeeeh… another day, plus niacin… nothing… another day: methyl trapping symptoms. I wasn’t holding the liquid enough in my mouth.

I tried to use 400mcg folate + 500mcg pure AOR hydrob12 two weeks after this experiment, and I felt good, but nothing close of my first try. And after this, each day I started to get worse. Developing initial panic symptoms, anxiety, severe brain fog, bad physical resistance… My 23andme results just were done after this. Then I tried to use just my b12 mix liquid and potassium, my brain fog improved, also my physical resistance, but panic symptoms don’t. I tried to use half caplet of Nature’s Made B complex, this helped yesterday but this dawn I waked up with severe panic attack. Never had this before. Tought I was going to develop schizophrenia.

- THEEEN I connected the points: Panic attack is so relative to B vitamins (at least nocturne panic, so common in people suffering panic attacks). The B complex caused some unbalance, much probably b12 or folate. I have nocturne hypoglycemia, and panic attack is like this, but much stronger, this is the difference. Whenever I use Niacin, this relieve the hypog. When I use honey before sleep, this also relieve a lot the hypog. My first use of mfolate and b12 also made my nocturne hypog disappear for days. B vitamins regulate the blood sugar. Some unbalance was causing nocturne hypog, now I induced more unbalanced that caused a stronger reaction.

I don’t have MTFHR mutations, but something is messing with my folate. I really think this is the big guy.

As NutraHacker says, MTRR and BHMT08 are related to “folate one carbon metabolism”, I need to do more research because these things are connected. The shit is: I need zinc and TMG (methyl donor) to assist BHMT08 and mb12 to MTRR, but VDR says no no to methyl. Confusing, I’m feeling a guinea pig. I need to achieve this super feeling I got at my first mfolate try. I felt like a boss :p

Thoughts on my genes? I would really appreciate opinions and discussion about what's happening, I never had panic before..
I’ll start slow when my pure mb12 arrive, then after a month I’ll add mfolate and others freddd’s supplements.

Thank you, have a nice weekend!