1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Pancreas and ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by Leonora, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Leonora

Leonora

Norway
    Ten years ago I got a mild pancreatic inflammation, and since then my Amylase values have been elevated from time to time. The last 6-9 months they have been constantly elevated, about 80 (10-65). I have quite bad stomach aches on the left upper side of the abdomen, under the ribcage - going out to the back. A CT as well as an ultrasound showed a normal pancreas, so my doc doesn't think it's really anything wrong.

I have been on digestion enzymes since two years back, but they have not really helped bringing the amylase value down.

1) How common is pancreatic problems when suffering from ME/CFS?
    2) Is there any literature on this, that I can present to my doctor?
    3) What other tests should be done to rule our that something is wrong with the pancreas?

Would really appreciate some advice on this :)
  2. Graeme

Graeme almost there...

Montreal
    Hi Leonora, I pulled the following from a post on the forum, some of it may be relevant:

Of course the first sentence is an attention grabber, though I don't know how accurate it is. According to my former acupuncturist the brain and pancreas are connected in TCM. Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt has said the same thing if I remember correctly. I also believe Amy Yasko has mentioned the pancreas as a sight of excitotoxicity in those prone to it. Perhaps that "tired but wired" feeling many of us experience is also causing our pancreases to function in an excitotoxic fashion.

See more popular forum discussions.