Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Palms of hands keep flushing red

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by tinacarroll27, Jun 10, 2016.

1. tinacarroll27

tinacarroll27 Senior Member

UK
    Hi all! I am not sure if I am putting this into the right category but I am not sure what this is! Any way, I keep having hot flushes and when it happens I get a prickly heat feeling all over and the palms of my hands flush red and clammy and I feel as if my skin has been scalded. I also have another symptom that is connected to it. I feel as if I am throbbing all over and when I have these hot flushes the throbbing gets worse. I have had ME for over 25 years but in all that time the throbbing has never stopped. It seems to get worse when I relapse and in remission it feels less but is still there. Over the years I've noticed this throbbing is made worse when I stand up and have a hot bath. I have wondered if it is connected to Pots?I do have POTs but it has become a lot milder in the last year and I rarely feel faint any more when I stand up but I do feel faint when I get too hot.

2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Possibly electrolyte deficiency? Although I think you would have other symptoms beyond those, such as heart palpitations, muscle twitches and cramps and so on.

Are you taking anything with niacin in it? Is so, it could be the infamous niacin flush.

3. tinacarroll27

tinacarroll27 Senior Member

UK
    No I am not any supplements with niacin. I do get muscle twitching though. The hot flushing started with the virus infection.

See more popular forum discussions.