• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

pale palor and what works for me

Gavman

Its interesting, i have been quite pale lately. And i've discovered this a bit before but taking a zinc supplement really gets my face more flushed and heat through my body. After taking b12, folic acid, iron supplements and vitamin d without having that effect, its nice to find something that works.

CAcfs

Good to know. Sometimes I look pretty pale too, in a sickly way. And even when I go out in the sun, I won't seem to even get "sun" like normal people. Just stay pale and looking rather anemic in the face. Have been like this since getting sick 10 years ago. Every once in awhile it'll be better, but for the most part, I look scary unless I put powder on to hide the whitish-yellowish hue.

Curious to know if you tend to have the dark rings around your eyes? Mine are quite severe and tend to make me look extremely ill, even to those that don't know I'm ill. Wondering if the zinc helps that too, if you have the rings (if anyone has thoughts on what causes the eye rings, would be interested to hear).

maddietod

CAcfs, you could google "allergic shiners" and look at some pictures. My kids who were allergic had them, and the not-allergic ones didn't. I saw on another thread that you're considering doing an elimination diet at some point...........that's what made me think of it.