Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Painful proof that one thyroid test does not fit all (UK newspaper article)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Bob, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    There's not any new information in this article, but I found it an interesting read nonetheless.
    Anyone who experiences thyroid symptoms, but whose blood tests are 'normal' might find it interesting.

Painful proof that one thyroid test does not fit all
    Audrey Snee says that doctors are failing to diagnose thyroid disease and that many sufferers are missing out on treatment
    By Audrey Snee
    22 Sep 2014
    www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-health/11112141/Painful-proof-that-one-thyroid-test-does-not-fit-all.html

2. Bob

Bob

England (south coast)
    BTW, if anyone experiences overactive thyroid symptoms, but cannot get thyroid treatment, beta-blockers can help address many hyper-thyroid symptoms, and are used as a treatment for hyperthyroidism. A doctor might be willing to prescribe beta-blockers for hyperthyroid-like symptoms (e.g. overstimulation) even if thyroid blood tests are normal.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  3. Valentijn

Valentijn The Diabolic Logic

Also good proof about how stupid and wasteful the rigid NHS guidelines are. Withhold the indicated meds for borderline cases with definite and debilitating symptoms, and pay for eye surgery instead. :confused:

Bob and Cheshire like this.

See more popular forum discussions.