• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain without noticeable bruise

sillysocks84

So I've been having a newer pain on my fingers. Right now it's a place on my thumb between the joints. It hurts to the touch like a bruise but shows no bruising. I've had a spot on the tip of my ring finger before with that same pain without a bruise mark. Both happened to be on the left hand. Does anyone know about this at all?

Seven7

Seven
When I used to get the hand one for me was a Parvovirus infection (yes human get it too). The one I get on the arms and legs is from blood pooling, Compression stocking took care of the leg one. Difference was: one pain is in muscle (my pooling pain) and the other is like in the tissue that join the joints (my Parvo Pain). I still have two kinds of pain that haven't figure out.

sillysocks84

Difference was: one pain is in muscle (my pooling pain) and the other is like in the tissue that join the joints (my Parvo Pain)
Mine is between the two joints of the thumb, not in a joint. So I don't think it could be parvo for me. I did notice this morning my left hand finger joints ached for just a while when I'd use that hand...but seems to be gone now and the thumb with the pain has the pain on the thumb, not in a joint. I wonder if synovial fluid can leak out and cause pain. I have no idea. All I ever do is speculate.

If I go to the dr they run a test that never diagnoses anything to treat. I know that just goes with this illness. Plus, this seems more minor of a complaint. Thanks for sharing with me!

Seven7

Seven
@sillysocks84 Do a test and palp (touch yourself) in the joints and around in the soft tissue around it in the whole body (or you if you feel more tired than usual, inflammation in brain, gut or any other part). When I do stuff like equinacia tea, probaiotics, zinc, anything that stimulates my immune system I get overall inflammation, Make sure is not that. If you find is like overall inflammation then you can try OTC anti-inflammatory like Aleve (I was told had to be Aleve) and see if after taking it 2 days on the clock as indicated by bottle (I am no doctor this is what I was told to do) if it goes away then you know was overall inflammation (one of my types of pain).

PNR2008

@sillysocks84 I get the thumb pain lately whenever a migraine is on the way. I usually rub it gently until it subsides, which many times is tough to do. An accupressure person told me to do this when I get a migraine, it seemed silly until I realized I got the pain in between the thumb and pointer finger before the migraine started.

Weird I know but what isn't with our troubled bodies.

sillysocks84

@sillysocks84 I get the thumb pain lately whenever a migraine is on the way. I usually rub it gently until it subsides, which many times is tough to do. An accupressure person told me to do this when I get a migraine, it seemed silly until I realized I got the pain in between the thumb and pointer finger before the migraine started.

Weird I know but what isn't with our troubled bodies.
Today the pain is there but very little compared to yesterday. I never had a migraine yesterday, so who knows what's to blame. On the grand scale I know this is a small issue I just thought I'd see if anyone else had the same ailment. Thank you.