• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain with sitting

Mariah

Hi! My name is Maria and I'm from Norway. I'm new to this forum, but not new to M.E. I've had it for 6 years now, allthough some symptoms reared their ugly head long before that. I also have some pain conditions like fibromyalgia and vulvodynia.

I was not sure which category to put this question in as it fits many of them, but this may be the broadest where it fits best. I have a lot of what i call nerve pain/neuralgia/neuropathic pain where almost every centimeter of my skin burns. Lately I've had a harder and harder time sitting because it creates an unbelieveable burning, and I mean red hot pain, in my groin/private parts, but maybe first and foremost my buttocks and back of my upper thighs. It doesn't go away with standing or lying down, but certainly gets relieved. This pain is much worse than the usual burning pain, I would say times 10 because it gets worse the more I sit. Can be fine in the morning and worse and worse throughout the day. The pain also stays for days. I'm at my wits end. I really have to sit because I have to rest a lot, but it is becoming excruciating. Anyone who's experienced the same and/or have an explanation for this?