• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain: Meriva and Cetyl Myristoleate (CMO)

perchance dreamer

I have fibro, OA, and some problems in my back and neck. For joint repair, I was on glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM for years, but I couldn't really tell any benefit.

I asked my nutritionist for a suggestion for inflammation and joint repair. For inflammation, he suggested Meriva.

I chose Thorne Meriva-SR. I took one the other day in the morning with food. I couldn't believe how much it helped with pain all day.

However, it gave me really bad diarrhea and also had a bad effect on my sleep.

I read that GI problems with curcumin aren't uncommon. I'm just surprised because I have really good digestion and also have been taking Sinatrol for years with no problem. Sinatrol has 300 MG of turmeric, standardized to 95% curcumin.

The sleep problem might have been from the phosphatidylcholine that is bound with the curcumin.

I might try 1/2 or even 1/4 capsule soon and see if I can slowly build up to a whole capsule.

For joint repair and disc lubrication my nutritionist recommend CMO. I should receive it in the next couple of days. Here's the brand I got:

http://cetylmyristoleate.com/Product_Myristin.html

From researching, I haven't found too much in the way of side effects with CMO other than some people have mild burping. I wouldn't want to get too musical, but that doesn't seem like such a bad side effect.

I'll post again if I get any benefit from the CMO. It can take a couple of months to notice an effect although some people get pain relief sooner.