• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain help! At the end of my rope

I need pain advice. I have major muscle cramping in my arms and legs, burning sensations on my head, neck, shoulders & arms, general aches everywhere, and of course I'm tired. I have two small kids and a husband who cannot stand dirty dishes or laundry. Currently on 2 800 mg ibuprofen & 3 10/325mg Norco, and vit c & magnesium every day. The meds work, and then they wear off and I'm hurting. I can take them earlier in the day instead of spacing them out more, but then I hurt so much I cannot sleep. I am going to see the doctor in 3 wks. Is there anything that works for you that I can suggest?

Richard7

I do not know if this will help in your case @SolarMuse but I found that muscle pain was reduced by taking BCAAs and Acetyl L carnitine (ALCAR) I take 1g of the ALcar 2 x per day and these days I take about 1/3 -1/2 tsp BCAAs per day, I used to need a second dose.

With the muscle cramping a foot bath of either magnesium sulphate (epsom salts) or Magnesium chloride might help. Or an actual bath, come to think of it. There is a limit to how much magnesium you can take by mouth before you get diarrhoea, absorbing through the skin gets around that problem.

Re the house work, in one of his presentations I know that Mark VanNess talked about how much a problem families were for pwme/cfs and pointed out that one of the advantages of using a heart rate monitor that beeps loudly when you go over your anaerobic threshold is that it lets everyone in the house know that you need to lie down and rest.

I hope this helps

adelheid55

I have fibromyalgia and take sometimes Celebrex. In the evening I take Lyrica because it makes you tired.
What also works for me is LDN(low dose naltrexon). It takes not all the pain away but a good deal of it.
Magnesium has been mentioned above as well as Acetyl Carnitin.
A small dose of Amitriptylin taken in the evening might help.
I hope your doctor will listen to you and help you.
You won't need all of this but you may have to try what works for you.

Firefly_

Low dose naltrexone got me off of the Lyrica and Tramadol, I take 3 mg a.m. And 5 m.g. before bed. I also suffer from internal and external cramps/muscle spasms, swig on cider vinegar throughout the day keeps them at bay

I also have muscle pain and neck shoulder arms and back , my hair hurts dam it and it is not normal pain it is constantly hurting and won't stop my husband don't like dirty dishes or house too so I try to keep up with it as much as I can but with tears in my face and then we don't talk because I am hurting and he is not understanding, so I feel your pain :(