Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Pacing with hr monitor and OI

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by soti, Mar 12, 2017.

1. soti

soti Senior Member

I've been pacing with a hr monitor (Fitbit HR Charge) for a month and change, and my resting hr has been going down. Which is good and I feel more rested but the lower it is, the more I feel woozy and headachy and orthostatically intolerant. I do normally but this is unusual. Anyone experienced this?

I wish there were a resting heart rate that was goldilocks-right in between but I seem to go from digging myself a hole (higher hr) straight to woozy mc wooz face (lower hr)

2. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    How low is your HR going?

3. soti

soti Senior Member

"low" in this context is around 73 bpm (this is fitbit's proprietary calculation of resting hr, something like a daily average over times they deem you to be resting)

4. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    That is a pretty normal HR. In my experience, not low enough to create symptoms. Could it be anything else?

Valentijn and TigerLilea like this.
  5. soti

soti Senior Member

Yeah, that's the thing. hr pretty normal (did fail a poor man's tilt table test, i.e. +40bpm between lying and 10 mins standing). bp pretty normal. blood volume? but why only when hr has come down? could a higher hr mask a blood volume problem?

I don't expect there's anything to do about it other than the usual OI stuff but curious if anyone else gets this and how they deal with it if so.

6. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member

My resting heart rate fluctuates between 55 and 64 (I have a Fitbit blaze) There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why it's lower some days than other days. I don't get any symptoms like you describe when it's on the low side. It seems to be lower when I've been more active but can change from day to day. I just ignore it as probably being a factor of how Fitbit average things.

7. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Have you checked your blood pressure lately?

8. soti

soti Senior Member

bp 110-120 over 70-80.

See more popular forum discussions.