The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

PACE Trial text of joint letter calling for more information, 24 May 2011

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, May 24, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

PACE Trial text of joint letter calling for more information, 24 May 2011

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/?p=6171

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Excellent, really excellent. It amazes me that in these days of pre-registered, public domain trial protocols, journal referees aren't routinely cross-checking the submitted results against the planned analyses in the protocol.

That in itself should be newsworthy. I consider it fraud to withhold data on planned primary analyses and present secondary analyses as primary.

3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Marvellous letter - thanks for posting Dolphin.

4. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    I would have asked the possibility of a followup study using actometers to compare activity levels to baseline. We have never had long term objective measures of activity levels after CBT/GET and this would be valuable data...

5. Daisymay

Daisymay Senior Member

Very good letter, well done MEA etc but wish MEA had been doing this sort of thing years ago then we would have been in a much better position now!

6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Christine Llewelleyn RIP (sp?) did try to set up a petition against the PACE Trial around 2004. However, I think she didn't have enough numbers to make it useful.

See more popular forum discussions.