• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PACE Trial paper: Measurement error, time lag, unmeasured confounding etc.

user9876

Oh yippee! What utter, unbridled joy! Another PACE trial meditation analysis! :meh:

They published a cross-sectional mediation analysis paper previously and had said that they planned to publish this longitudinal analysis, so we were expecting it.

I was wondering if this was from Goldsmith's phd thesis work.

Esther12

I was wondering if this was from Goldsmith's phd thesis work.

I got the impression she was doing fancy-schmancy mediation stuff for her PhD but then it didn't give them the results they wanted so they did something else for the mediation paper.

She presented a few different results at conferences before the mediation paper came out to SMC fanfare.

Keith Geraghty

this paper is utter garbage and I rarely say that about any study --

does x cause y; well perhaps, but maybe z mediates this ; lets see

its the same as doing a test to see how many times the joker comes at the top of a deck of cards, but instead of a full deck of cards, you make all the cards jokers

the whole thing is a joke --- its a made up methodology to assist psychlogists seeking to prove something they cant see that has a great impact on something else they cant measure