• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PACE Trial latest: ME Association to pay for open access to independent [recovery] reanalysis paper

Sean

I suspect Wessely's routine is part of his behind the scenes lobbying to keep others in the british medical establishment from looking at and criticizing PACE.
I will bet that if the harassment and death threats he alleges to have suffered were properly calibrated against the full range that the police deal with, his experience would be right down the barely measurable end of the spectrum, and he would be exposed as a gutless exploitative toad, and more than a little hysterical too.

Wessely is no hero of any kind. He is one of the great failures and cowards of history.

Tom Kindlon

Thanks again to ME Association for paying for open access to our #PACETrial recovery reanalysis paper

Extract is from page 3 of latest magazine for ME Association members but you can also read about it here:
http://www.meassociation.org.uk/2017/02/29928/

ME Association.png

charles shepherd

We are trying to get open access publication of the Wilshire et al re-analysis paper completed asop

At the moment all the contractual stuff is sorted

But we (MEA) are still waiting for the publisher to send us the invoice so that payment can be made - after which open access should quickly follow

I am going to send them a reminder on Monday………..

I have also just submitted a 2500 word commentary on the PACE trial to a medical journal

CS

Barry53

We are trying to get open access publication of the Wilshire et al re-analysis paper completed asop

At the moment all the contractual stuff is sorted

But we (MEA) are still waiting for the publisher to send us the invoice so that payment can be made - after which open access should quickly follow

I am going to send them a reminder on Monday………..

I have also just submitted a 2500 word commentary on the PACE trial to a medical journal

CS
Excellent!