A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

PACE 'retract misleading claims' petition tops 7,000 - smashes all records - goal 10,000 - sign now!

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    The success of this petition has just been phenomenal - over 7,000 signatures in under seven days. Every minute, there are more signatures. This is way beyond anything we've ever seen in our community.

PACE’s authors abandoned all the main outcome and recovery analyses that had been specified in the trial’s protocol. In the new analyses, patients were considered to have recovered their physical function if they scored at similar levels to people with Class II congestive heart failure.

The brief but clear background pages to the petition make grim but fascinating reading.

Sign the petition, send it to your friends and family, and get it out there as widely as you can! Let's get to that 10,000 target this week:

http://my.meaction.net/petitions/pace-trial-needs-review-now

Discussion of the petition is on this lively thread - let's keep it on there.

2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    We're close to having a petition we can really utilise here. Sign it, pass it on, then remind people - "did you sign that petition I sent you?"

Bob, aimossy and Sasha like this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I sent the petition a week ago to a friend and saw him for coffee yesterday. He asked what I'd been doing this week and I said, 'sending this petition out as much as I can' and he said he hadn't signed it yet but he would (after I banged on about what a pile of nonsense PACE was). He was shocked about the barking claims about long-term follow-up.

snowathlete and CantThink like this.
  4. Woolie

Woolie Senior Member

5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I think you have to start up your own petition on that site, and you can't have two on the go on the same thing or you'd have duplicate signatures and would confuse people.

Unless I've misunderstood what that site is about!

6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're now at an amazing 9,255 and only 745 signatures short of our 10,000 target!

This is just phenomenal - we've never seen anything like this and the petition has been up for less than two weeks.

If you haven't signed, please sign right now and ask your friends and relatives to do the same.

Last big push now! :)

Discussion continues on the main thread.

mango, SOC, Bob and 5 others like this.
  7. digital dog

digital dog Senior Member

Sasha,
    I may be wrong but do you think that you should put this on the general forum too?
    I only looked at this forum today and maybe other members are the same.
    Thank you for organising this.
    DD

8. digital dog

digital dog Senior Member

I mean the general discussion page.

9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Sorry, which page do you mean? Can you give me a link?

10. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Another vote from me for ME

Sasha likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.