Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

PACE mentioned: 2016 Lorne Trottier Public Science Symposium / “Science and the Media"

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Dolphin, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Trevor Butterworthy's great discussion on need for media to critically examine science, with #pacetrial as example. David Tuller's work is mentioned along with the reanalysis of the PACE Trial data.

You don't need to watch it all, just a few minutes from 37 minutes 36 seconds.

Thanks to Mary Dimmock for highlighting it

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. BurnA

BurnA Senior Member

Do you know what time this is, sorry I don't know what you mean by marked from, it just starts at the start for me.

Dolphin likes this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

37 minutes 36 seconds

I see when the forum software converts it to a YouTube image, the time point feature disappears.

BurnA likes this.
  4. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

Worked for me. I just hovered my mouse cursor over the time line along the bottom of the picture, and the time shows and moves as you move along the line. Then click at the time you want it to start. Does that make sense.

It's great - worth a watch. Quite a short section clearly rubbishing PACE as bad science and giving credit to the patient activists demanding the data and David Tuller. Great to see. I hope it has a big audience.

5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

But the link I gave should have meant that the clip started at the right place. But it doesn't.

trishrhymes and BurnA like this.
  6. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    It's more like 39:20

7. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

True, but good to start a bit earlier to see it in context.

See more popular forum discussions.