• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"PACE and the interests of trial participants" (August 29 blog post)

Dolphin

https://autodidactauthor.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/pace-and-the-interests-of-trial-participants/

Extract:

Prior to the tribunal, QMUL released a similar statement in which they said they were “seeking…the advice of patients”: Release of individual patient data from the PACE trial which led me to write to ME/CFS charities asking them to speak on behalf of patients. I asked patients to do the same, and you did! The effort was a success with 29 charities across the globe writing to QMUL on the request of patients to call on them to release the data and drop their appeal. This was submitted to the tribunal as evidence of the public interest in the data being released. Regarding the clear public interest in the release of the data, the tribunal stated:

“There can be no doubt about the Public Interest in the subject matter which is evident throughout the course of this appeal, and beyond, and we are grateful for the assistance that has been given to us in this regard.”