Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

P5P sublingual ? @Fredd

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by daniariete2000, Dec 15, 2016.

1. daniariete2000

daniariete2000 Senior Member

Good morning,

I have small fiber neuropathy.
    I don't understant why there is focus on taking B12 sublingually and not the others B vitamins.
    In particular P5P , why is suggested to take it by normal pills ?

Thanks

Daniele

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

People feel B12 is more effective sublingually, and they're probably right, but not due to sublingual absorption.

B12 molecules are too big to be absorbed sublingually, but sublingual use slows down the travel of the dissolving B12 to the stomach. B12 absorption is limited by the presence of B12-binding factors in the stomach, which are not produced quickly enough to absorb a large dose taken orally.

So sublingual B12 supplementation is possibly more effective due to the slow and sustained rate at which it enters the stomach.

I suspect B6 isn't used sublingually because there is no benefit to doing so, as is the case for most vitamins, minerals, and other supplements. B6 is absorbed in the later parts of the small intestine, and doesn't have a limiting factor in being absorbed.

L'engle and Marc_NL like this.
  3. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    One exception for some of us is B2--tests showed that I was not breaking down B2 into FAD and FMN. Rich Van K suggested that I take sublingual co-enzymated B2 where the job is already done.

See more popular forum discussions.