• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

P2P Workshop for ME/CFS Stand-In Lay-Down Protest Dec 10, 2014

OneWaySurvival

The images of the protest, signs and pictures alone, however, can communicate a big part of the story of opposition to the IOM/P2P and our frustration with the NIH.

My wife @Christine has now posted a complete, publicly-viewable album of photos of the Stand-in, Lay Down Protest on her Facebook page (Christine Jarrett - she is on Facebook, I am not). We also added 3 short videos from the Protest to her Youtube channel

@Christine and I wrote a detailed account of the protest on my Caringbridge site. It is the Dec.12, 2014 entry.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tomjarrett

I hope it encourages all patients/advocates with M.E. to know there is a rapidly growing number of healthy people (most from our church family) that originated in our local Indianapolis community (12th largest city in the USA) and extends well beyond (church friends as far away as Japan) who are becoming aware and stepping up for M.E. patients.

This group of M.E. supporters that you may have never heard of played a key role in raising several thousand dollars for MEandYou to fund the Rituximab study in Norway, another thousand dollars (at least) for Dr. Ian Lipkin's microbiome crowdfund, and most recently supplied much of the practical, material legwork as well as spiritual prayer support that made the Stand-in Lay Down protest of the P2P/IOM redefinition efforts possible.

You can be sure that this group will remain committed to providing and fighting for you until the disease M.E. is respected, researched, and viable biomedical treatments found and offered to every last M.E. patient.

Gingergrrl

My wife @Christine has now posted a complete, publicly-viewable album of photos of the Stand-in, Lay Down Protest on her Facebook page (Christine Jarrett - she is on Facebook, I am not). We also added 3 short videos from the Protest to her Youtube channel

@Christine and I wrote a detailed account of the protest on my Caringbridge site. It is the Dec.12, 2014 entry. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tomjarrett

@OneWaySurvival Thank you for sharing all of this and I just looked at your wife's Facebook page and your Caringbridge site and they are just beautiful. I am not a member of FB but my husband is so I can view things but don't post. Thank you again for all of your hard work organizing the protest and the pictures are very powerful.