• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ozone-UV IV therapy safe?

My daughter is 18 and has CFS. Her doctor wants to do ozone -uv IV therapy on her. He says its very safe. Does anyone have any experience or know about the safety of this? Thanks.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
My daughter is 18 and has CFS. Her doctor wants to do ozone -uv IV therapy on her. He says its very safe. Does anyone have any experience or know about the safety of this? Thanks.

I think you need to clarify this--is it IV hydrogen peroxide (which is an oxygen therapy)? There is also a therapy where they run your blood through UV light? Ozone is a gas. And there are various ways of using ozone gas--it can be absorbed through the skin, rectum, dissolved in water....

Let us know more.

Best,
Sushi

He says the way its done is to run her blood through a 20 ml tube that exposes it to UV light and ozone. They don't use hydrogen peroxide. They do this quite a bit in Europe. She has high HV6 and also cocksackie B viruses so hes thinking this is a safe way to treat those. Thats all I know about it.

I found out that its called MAH, major auto hematherapy and is often done with ultraviolet blood irridation at the same time. Researching it is like everything else...some say its totally safe and other articles say that the IV method is not safe.