1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ozone-UV IV therapy safe?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by LJBluesky, Jun 19, 2013.

1. LJBluesky

LJBluesky

Orlando
    My daughter is 18 and has CFS. Her doctor wants to do ozone -uv IV therapy on her. He says its very safe. Does anyone have any experience or know about the safety of this? Thanks.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

I think you need to clarify this--is it IV hydrogen peroxide (which is an oxygen therapy)? There is also a therapy where they run your blood through UV light? Ozone is a gas. And there are various ways of using ozone gas--it can be absorbed through the skin, rectum, dissolved in water....

Let us know more.

Best,
    Sushi
    vli likes this.
  3. LJBluesky

LJBluesky

Orlando
    He says the way its done is to run her blood through a 20 ml tube that exposes it to UV light and ozone. They don't use hydrogen peroxide. They do this quite a bit in Europe. She has high HV6 and also cocksackie B viruses so hes thinking this is a safe way to treat those. Thats all I know about it.
  4. LJBluesky

LJBluesky

Orlando
    I found out that its called MAH, major auto hematherapy and is often done with ultraviolet blood irridation at the same time. Researching it is like everything else...some say its totally safe and other articles say that the IV method is not safe.
  5. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I did it. It didn't work at all which was my major problem with it.

Ema
    Valentijn likes this.
  6. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    LJBluesky

I tried it but they needed to use a bigger needle than my small, rolling veins could handle.

Sushi

See more popular forum discussions.