• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ozone Therapy

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sushi, didn't you try the full body bag ozone therapy (where ozone gas is pumped into a large plastic body bag that you "wear," so that the gas gets absorbed into your skin)? I seem to remember that you said you tried this, and got good results.

Yes, this did help but rectal insufflation helped even more.

Sushi

Hip

I would be concerned about rectal insufflation of zone, as this study found that this caused microscopic colitis.

If you have an ozone generator machine, I'd be very interested in hearing your verdict on the ozonated-water-on-skin method I described just above on this thread. I have a feeling that this might be just as potent as full body bag ozone therapy. But only someone who has tried the full body bag treatment would be able to compare.

Sushi

I would be concerned about rectal insufflation of zone, as this study found that this caused microscopic colitis.

If you have an ozone generator machine, I'd be very interested in hearing your verdict on the ozonated-water-on-skin method I described just above on this thread. I have a feeling that this might be just as potent as full body bag ozone therapy. But only someone who has tried the full body bag treatment would be able to compare.

I no longer have my ozone generator but I did do the ozonated-water-on-skin method. I found the body bag method much more effective.

I looked at the study you linked above about rectal ozone. I used a different technique, a few seconds of ozone gas given rectally without water. I did not have problems. I don't remember how often we were instructed to do this.

Sushi

Hip

I no longer have my ozone generator but I did do the ozonated-water-on-skin method. I found the body bag method much more effective.

That's interesting. Did you actually use highly ozonated water (ie, use just a small 30 ml amount of water, but bubble the ozone through for 5 to 10 minutes, so that it is really saturated with ozone)? And then apply this 30 ml of water over the entire body skin area, to make use of as much skin surface area as possible? This is preferably done after a bath or shower, when you skin I think will be more absorbent.

I got noticeable effects from this method, but if your experience is that the body bag method works much better, perhaps I ought to try that body bag method myself.

Sushi

That's interesting. Did you actually use highly ozonated water (ie, use just a small 30 ml amount of water, but bubble the ozone through for 5 to 10 minutes, so that it is really saturated with ozone)? And then apply this 30 ml of water over the entire body skin area, to make use of as much skin surface area as possible? This is preferably done after a bath or shower, when you skin I think will be more absorbent.

I got noticeable effects from this method, but if your experience is that the body bag method works much better, perhaps I ought to try that body bag method myself.

I used:

1) an ozone "sauna"
2) the body bag (ties at wrist, neck and at bottom of bag. (it has wide sleeves)
3) an ozonated bath (ozone bubbled in before entered bath)
4) rectal insufflation

I had the most effects from rectal and second most from the body bag

Sushi

Hip

You have certainly tried many options!

Your number (3) option, the ozonated bath: I don't think you will be able to get high enough concentrations of ozone in the bath water. Ozone has a very short half life in hot water — the half life of ozone in water at 35ºC is only eight minutes (ref: 1), so even as you are bubbling the ozone into hot bath water, you are simultaneously losing much of it. Also, because there is so much water in a bath, what ozone that does remain in the water is very diluted. Though I have not tried this bath method myself, so I have no first hand experience of it.

@Sushi oh i see.. ive tried both but i didnt really noticed or cant noticed anything though but i google about it and came across some controversy which confused me. some said ozone should be mix with saline. also the issue with the bag they said its not resistant to ozone. but im confused since the minor therapy usually used injection tube but they said its ok. isnt the material also not resistant to ozone.
anyway what effect/help did u noticed?
im interested in the ozone water since my digestive has issues.

however with the major ozone therapy where they need to drawn out my blood. my blood is hard/very little to come out even though i already get the saline before :( i dont know if its because low bp or other thing. or hematology problem

@Hip i read that rectal ozone to be save and also help with digestive :eek:

Last edited:

Sushi

@Sushi ...
anyway what effect/help did u noticed?

Actually IV hydrogen peroxide gave more dramatic help than ozone though ozone was very good for maintenance. The whole program allowed me to live a "normal life" for a few years. I doubt that ozone itself would have had so much effect though.

Best,
Sushi

Actually IV hydrogen peroxide gave more dramatic help than ozone though ozone was very good for maintenance. The whole program allowed me to live a "normal life" for a few years. I doubt that ozone itself would have had so much effect though.

Best,
Sushi
hmm theres no h2o2 that i can find here :( what about h2o2 from ozone therapy?

anyway anyone knows more info or experience ozone water therapy? theres a clinic here providing there and im interested but still wondering about the effect

Last edited:
Hip, re your easy ozone technique: can you tell me how bad the die-off effects are? I am so weak and sick now (I have leukemia on top of my ME) that I cannot tolerate a full-fledged die-off or Herx reaction.

Hip

Hip, re your easy ozone technique: can you tell me how bad the die-off effects are? I am so weak and sick now (I have leukemia on top of my ME) that I cannot tolerate a full-fledged die-off or Herx reaction.

HI mtnbibliophile.

I did not experience any die off effects at all with the easy ozone technique; but of course we are all different, so if you are in a weak state right now, you might want to begin slowly, just to be cautious.

What you could do is initially just apply the ozone water to a small part of your body (say just to your arms for example), so that you transdermally absorb a lot less ozone into your bloodstream. Then if that works out OK, the next day you can try applying the ozone water to a larger skin area, say to both your legs. If that is OK, then finally you can apply to all the skin area of your whole body, head to toe.

The more skin area of your body that you splash the ozone water on to, the more ozone gets absorbed into you bloodstream. So in this way you can control the ozone dose.

Note: I have just updated my easy ozone technique post, so you may want to re-read it.

Last edited:
HI mtnbibliophile.

I did not experience any die off effects at all with the easy ozone technique; but of course we are all different, so if you are in a weak state right now, you might want to begin slowly, just to be cautious.

What you could do is initially just apply the ozone water to a small part of your body (say just to your arms for example), so that you transdermally absorb a lot less ozone into your bloodstream. Then if that works out OK, the next day you can try applying the ozone water to a larger skin area, say to both your legs. If that is OK, then finally you can apply to all the skin area of your whole body, head to toe.

The more skin area of your body that you splash the ozone water on to, the more ozone gets absorbed into you bloodstream. So in this way you can control the ozone dose.

Note: I have just updated my easy ozone technique post, so you may want to re-read it.

Thanks, will try soon.

Has anyone hear of the Lahondy Protocol? I can't find any information on the web. A Dr told me he was at a conference recently in CA and they spoke of removing blood with some type of hemodialysis machine (my description not his), treating it with ozone, and then returning it. This enables most if not all the blood to be treated multiple times or multiple passes with each treatment. I think this is new new, and research was done in Germany, so it may not be common knowledge in NA. But curious if anyone has heard anything?

Wayne

But curious if anyone has heard anything?

Hi @Kiwi Jack,

I did a process a number of years ago called photophoresis which sounds almost identical to the Lahondy Protocol. In photophoresis, blood is withdrawn from the body, ozonated and exposed to ultraviolet light, and then returned to the body. There were times when I immediately felt much better, and would have a couple of good days afterwards. Other times my body actually felt stressed.

I think if I had kept up with it, I could have been able to gauge how much was helpful and how much was too much. But the sessions were very expensive, around $300-$400. Even though Medicare was covering it as an experimental treatment, I couldn't justify using tax payers money for a therapy I felt at the time was only fairly marginal.

I did a little research, and discovered the machine that does this therapy only costs about $900 or so. Quite a markup in the cost of administering this relatively inexpensive therapy. If I was to try this again, I would likely try to get one of those machines for myself so that it would be affordable, and at the same give me a greater element of control as I tried to ascertain what kind of schedule was optimal for me.

I doubt this will happen however, as I'm became more focused on frequency generator machines, also known as Rife machines. My take is they're easier to use, and probably have more potential than the photophoresis. A relatively inexpensive machine to ozonate drinking water might be a good way to get modest amounts of ozone into your body, and see how it responds..

Best, Wayne

Wayne

@Kiwi Jack

You might find the following BOOK REVIEW from Amazon interesting:

Flood Your Body with Oxygen -- by Ed McCabe

49 of 50 people found the following review helpful:

The most important health book of the past 50 years., June 8, 2004

By Mira S. Ghoshal (Beacon, NY USA)

After suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME) for 14 years, I was freed from this degenerative disease by ozone treatments along with acupressure and other Asian methods. Years of treatment by modern medicine did nothing for me except to make my symptoms a little easier to live with, while at the same time the medications played havoc with the chemical balance of my body.The ozone was the key to the success of the whole process because it killed the pathogenic mycoplasma that causes CFS in the first place without further damaging an already weakened body. As Ed McCabe writes in this magnificent book on page 57:

"Almost every virus, bacteria, fungi, mycoplasm, parasite, and other pathogen found in all diseases, including HIV, arthritis, heart disease, cancer, chronic fatigue, epstein-barr, candida, and every other disease you can name are the same as all the other primitive life forms. They are facultative anaerobes. 'Anaerobic' simply means they cannot live in oxygen. These disease bugs simple cannot live in active oxygen."

I have also learned from reading this book that I can clean the air in my house using ozone, that I can drink ozonated water, that I can wash my food with ozonated water, along with many other uses that are mentioned in the book. I am on my way to being healthy again and now after reading this book I will have the tools to be healthy for the rest of my life. If you are ill right now or you just want to stay healthy please read this book. Our health is really in our own hands and now we have the information on how to take care of our bodies thanks to Ed McCabe.​

Hi @Kiwi Jack,

I did a process a number of years ago called photophoresis which sounds almost identical to the Lahondy Protocol. In photophoresis, blood is withdrawn from the body, ozonated and exposed to ultraviolet light, and then returned to the body. There were times when I immediately felt much better, and would have a couple of good days afterwards. Other times my body actually felt stressed.

I think if I had kept up with it, I could have been able to gauge how much was helpful and how much was too much. But the sessions were very expensive, around $300-$400. Even though Medicare was covering it as an experimental treatment, I couldn't justify using tax payers money for a therapy I felt at the time was only fairly marginal.

I did a little research, and discovered the machine that does this therapy only costs about $900 or so. Quite a markup in the cost of administering this relatively inexpensive therapy. If I was to try this again, I would likely try to get one of those machines for myself so that it would be affordable, and at the same give me a greater element of control as I tried to ascertain what kind of schedule was optimal for me.

I doubt this will happen however, as I'm became more focused on frequency generator machines, also known as Rife machines. My take is they're easier to use, and probably have more potential than the photophoresis. A relatively inexpensive machine to ozonate drinking water might be a good way to get modest amounts of ozone into your body, and see how it responds..

Best, Wayne
Do you remember the name of the machine and where they manufacture it?

Wayne

Do you remember the name of the machine and where they manufacture it?

It was over 15 years ago, so don't recall the specifics. I do seem to recall it was listed by some type of medical supply company. Wish I had more for you to go on.
--
EDIT Update: Just noticed I got the spelling wrong. It's spelled: Photopheresis.

Last edited:

knackers323

Would an ozone generator designed for spas, air conditioners, fish tanks etc. That produces 350mg per hour be sufficient for nasal insulfation and ozone water?

I am no expert and do not pretend to be an expert, but my understanding is that any ozone generator that uses ambient air is only good for water or air purification, it's not a health aide. If your intention is some/any form of medical or health intervention, then you need a generator that is used in combination with medical grade or industrial oxygen. It's also my understanding that nasal ozone insufflation is not a good idea, as medical grade ozone irritates the respiratory tract. This has been my personal experience also. Ozone water is good but only if you use it in combination with oxygen, not ambient air. I am just a user and self experimentation patient. If you plan to use ozone, buy a good generator in combination with oxygen. I bought the other cheaper generators and asked specifically if they would work, and the company just stated that they were not able to say one way or the other, but the reality is they are not good for health interventions. Sorry, it's a little more expensive to go the right way, but worth it in my opinion, as the other way is a waste of money, unless you're just looking for cleaner water and air.

Hope this helps....

pemone

Why did you give up the ozone?