1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ozone Therapy

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by mojoey, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yes, this did help but rectal insufflation helped even more.

Sushi

2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I would be concerned about rectal insufflation of zone, as this study found that this caused microscopic colitis.

If you have an ozone generator machine, I'd be very interested in hearing your verdict on the ozonated-water-on-skin method I described just above on this thread. I have a feeling that this might be just as potent as full body bag ozone therapy. But only someone who has tried the full body bag treatment would be able to compare.

3. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I no longer have my ozone generator but I did do the ozonated-water-on-skin method. I found the body bag method much more effective.

I looked at the study you linked above about rectal ozone. I used a different technique, a few seconds of ozone gas given rectally without water. I did not have problems. I don't remember how often we were instructed to do this.

Sushi

4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

That's interesting. Did you actually use highly ozonated water (ie, use just a small 30 ml amount of water, but bubble the ozone through for 5 to 10 minutes, so that it is really saturated with ozone)? And then apply this 30 ml of water over the entire body skin area, to make use of as much skin surface area as possible? This is preferably done after a bath or shower, when you skin I think will be more absorbent.

I got noticeable effects from this method, but if your experience is that the body bag method works much better, perhaps I ought to try that body bag method myself.

5. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I used:

1) an ozone "sauna"
    2) the body bag (ties at wrist, neck and at bottom of bag. (it has wide sleeves)
    3) an ozonated bath (ozone bubbled in before entered bath)
    4) rectal insufflation

I had the most effects from rectal and second most from the body bag

Sushi

6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

You have certainly tried many options!

Your number (3) option, the ozonated bath: I don't think you will be able to get high enough concentrations of ozone in the bath water. Ozone has a very short half life in hot water — the half life of ozone in water at 35ºC is only eight minutes (ref: 1), so even as you are bubbling the ozone into hot bath water, you are simultaneously losing much of it. Also, because there is so much water in a bath, what ozone that does remain in the water is very diluted. Though I have not tried this bath method myself, so I have no first hand experience of it.

7. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    @Sushi oh i see.. ive tried both but i didnt really noticed or cant noticed anything though but i google about it and came across some controversy which confused me. some said ozone should be mix with saline. also the issue with the bag they said its not resistant to ozone. but im confused since the minor therapy usually used injection tube but they said its ok. isnt the material also not resistant to ozone.
    anyway what effect/help did u noticed?
    im interested in the ozone water since my digestive has issues.

however with the major ozone therapy where they need to drawn out my blood. my blood is hard/very little to come out even though i already get the saline before :( i dont know if its because low bp or other thing. or hematology problem

@Hip i read that rectal ozone to be save and also help with digestive :eek:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  8. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Actually IV hydrogen peroxide gave more dramatic help than ozone though ozone was very good for maintenance. The whole program allowed me to live a "normal life" for a few years. I doubt that ozone itself would have had so much effect though.

Best,
    Sushi

9. kisekishiawase

kisekishiawase sad

southeast asia
    hmm theres no h2o2 that i can find here :( what about h2o2 from ozone therapy?

anyway anyone knows more info or experience ozone water therapy? theres a clinic here providing there and im interested but still wondering about the effect

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  10. mtnbibliophile

mtnbibliophile

Hip, re your easy ozone technique: can you tell me how bad the die-off effects are? I am so weak and sick now (I have leukemia on top of my ME) that I cannot tolerate a full-fledged die-off or Herx reaction.

11. Hip

Hip Senior Member

HI mtnbibliophile.

I did not experience any die off effects at all with the easy ozone technique; but of course we are all different, so if you are in a weak state right now, you might want to begin slowly, just to be cautious.

What you could do is initially just apply the ozone water to a small part of your body (say just to your arms for example), so that you transdermally absorb a lot less ozone into your bloodstream. Then if that works out OK, the next day you can try applying the ozone water to a larger skin area, say to both your legs. If that is OK, then finally you can apply to all the skin area of your whole body, head to toe.

The more skin area of your body that you splash the ozone water on to, the more ozone gets absorbed into you bloodstream. So in this way you can control the ozone dose.

Note: I have just updated my easy ozone technique post, so you may want to re-read it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  12. mtnbibliophile

mtnbibliophile

Thanks, will try soon.

See more popular forum discussions.