• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ozone Therapy

mojoey

This is a repost from the "Hyperbaric" thread, but I felt it was important to warrant another thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted on lymenet about the comparative merits of ozone therapy and hyperbaric, and so far, based on my own research and what I've heard from others that have tried both, ozone not only comes out as a clear winner (esp. for those of us with high infectious/toxic loads) but seems to be more affordable in the long run.

Here is the thread for anyone's reference:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ult...topic/1/79858?

I have been using ozone for the last 2 months and along with photon therapy, consider it the most powerful/beneficial piece in my arsenal

jenbooks

Joey you heard from me and I said the opposite

You asked me and I told you hyperbaric was a lifesaver for me. I think the world of Saul and his equipment but it is not the same anyway. Hyperbaric is not a killing therapy per se. It can markedly suppress anaerobic infection but it heals tissue, perfuses hypoxic tissue with oxygen, saves the brain, shifts one to a parasympathetic state, and also increases stem cell production, among other benefits.

So I'm surprised you say that everybody you surveyed preferred ozone as I know you know I said the opposite.

mojoey

Hi jen

I thought that hadn't done long-term ozone but that you might in the future. I said "from others that had tried both". If you have tried it since that time and still prefer hyperbaric, I would change my statement.

However, I'm glad the hyperbaric worked out so well for you. The point of my post wasn't really to establish superiority. I just think ozone deserves far more mention that is has. Most people know about hyperbaric as an oxidative therapy, but far fewer know about ozone or have responded to threads on ozone. Even if they were equally effective, it would seemingly be more affordable to do home therapy with ozone for those that cannot travel for treatments.

jenbooks

Ozone and Hyperbaric

Hi Joey, I don't primarily think of hyperbaric oxygen as oxidative therapy. I do understand that it has an aspect of that, but to me that is not is primary method of healing. Ozone is used by our neutrophils (03) to help kill stuff in an oxidative burst. Ozone probably also dissolves biofilms and it degrades toxins. If tolerated, it surely can be very helpful but it's quite different than hyperbaric oxygen.

Many CFSers or long term lymies are in a very depleted hypoxic state. Maybe some of us lymies have red blood cell parasites, or babesia compromising our epithelial integrity. Good nutrients, healing blood, can't even get where it needs to go. Hyperbaric oxygen can offset damage to all tissues throughout the body, and perhaps (I speculate) preserve the brain and heart from what Cheney calls Stage 3.

Well here I am posting again a bit too much and that worries me :). So I will sign off but just say hyperbaric has been a true lifesaver for me.

mojoey

Hi Jen

I always appreciate your scientific insight, so I do hope you'll continue to post here.

I've been trying to understand how ozone and hyperbaric differ beyond the killing sense. I was not aware of ozone dissolving biofilms, but that's good to know.

It does they work on the cellular hypoxia in different ways: ozone conceptually would work on it by oxidizing toxins that may be interferring with the gates of the mitochondrial matrix or maybe in the matrix external to the cellular environment that Klinghardt refers to. Whereas hyperbaric would supply much higher amounts of ground state oxygen in hopes that oversaturation of oxygen would increase cellular absorption (Cheney said our problem isn't saturation but 2,3-dpg levels)?

Overall, I think you're right in the sense that we need to be more careful with ozone than with hyperbaric, because it can create a huge backlog of toxins that our liver may not be equipped to expel. Dr. Saul universally requires a series of 7 liver flushes (i'm on 4) before going into daily therapy. that's a ton of liver flushes.

good discussion,
joey

Hi Joey, I don't primarily think of hyperbaric oxygen as oxidative therapy. I do understand that it has an aspect of that, but to me that is not is primary method of healing. Ozone is used by our neutrophils (03) to help kill stuff in an oxidative burst. Ozone probably also dissolves biofilms and it degrades toxins. If tolerated, it surely can be very helpful but it's quite different than hyperbaric oxygen.

Many CFSers or long term lymies are in a very depleted hypoxic state. Maybe some of us lymies have red blood cell parasites, or babesia compromising our epithelial integrity. Good nutrients, healing blood, can't even get where it needs to go. Hyperbaric oxygen can offset damage to all tissues throughout the body, and perhaps (I speculate) preserve the brain and heart from what Cheney calls Stage 3.

Well here I am posting again a bit too much and that worries me :). So I will sign off but just say hyperbaric has been a true lifesaver for me.

Wayne

m0joey - jenbooks - Ozone / HBOT

Hi Joey, Hi Jenbooks,

I really took a cognitive hit earlier this week with a dental appointment, so I'm not going to try to say too much. Just wanted to mention however, that I have a big interest in both of these modalities, and will be following this thread with interest.

Thanks, Wayne

mojoey

Hey Mike and Wayne

I've been sick for 4 years now. The reason why so many ppl seem to have trouble with ozone is because most ME sufferers have a huge backlog of toxins as well as tons of stealth pathogens. If our detoxification is impaired, ozone MUST be done with extreme caution. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a place for it for ME/CFS patients that have the right combo of detox genetics and are willing to cleanse out their systems both before and during ozone therapy. For those with weaker genetics, maybe it can be integrated after an aggressive detox protocol is done first.

I have heard of many that eventually improved, some significantly, with the sue of ozone, but patients almost universally started out worse before they got better.

One advantage of ozone other other pathogen-killers is that it kills while cleaning toxins. I don't know of any other therapy that offers such a 1-2 punch.

R**

It oxidizes toxins.. what does that mean.. they still have to go through liver, but in a easier to handle state?

Michael Dessin

MOjoey

I know of one other therapy that might have a better one two punch!!.lol :)

I agree with alot of what you said!! Ozone destroyed me, however looking back, my body was not prepared for such a treatment.

And I think this gets us back to working with docs who really know what they are doing. Knowing the ins and outs of detoxing and the bodies physics behind it.

We mention some very good treatments, but if the body simply is not prepared for these agents put in the body, the results can be negative.

The integrative approach with these therapies seems to be sooo important.

Yea, ozone is a great treatment, if you can find a doc who does it and can make sure the body is prepped for the release of toxins!

A key also, I think doing these therapies consistently and often.... as can be tolerated to keep them toxins flowing, rather than just lifting toxins off the cells and kinda just landing on other cells, if that makes sense to ya.

All detox treatments will have a degree of redistribution, but minimizing this is very important!

I think it's really important to reiterate an integrative approach to all ME/CFS patients for reasons above, so nobody gets hurt, which is most important!

I did get hurt by B-12, glutathione, ozone and some other treatments. However if these docs would have worked on my gut, lymph system..e.t.c. I think the results could have been dramatically different!!

Mike

jenbooks

Mike, it sounds like your doctor's approach gave your body the information needed to re-set itself and handle your pathogens on its own. Is that correct?

Michael Dessin

jenbooks

Very good point...I think my docs philosophy is let the body do the work, don't so much put agents in the body to manipulate the detox process.

Even though he does inject homeopathics, Homeopathics are based on vibrational principles. They work with your body to correct issues on the cellular level, when injected.

Same with acupuncture, brings your body back to work on its own.

Neural therapy doing just the same.

I think a good example of how our immune system protects us. Is that after 4 weeks roughly, tests indicated my immune system had shifted, but I still had a huge toxic load!!!

I was feeling better though... as the toxins were not effecting my cells as they were before, due to having a strong immune system once again.

Heck, still have a toxic load to deal with, could take another year on top of the 7 months to consider myself detoxed!!

Mike

jenbooks

I think we would all rather do it your way if we could :). IE your doc's way. Everything is information after all. All electrochemical magnetic reactions...

Does your doc infuse single remedies or multiple remedies? For instance does he use Sanum type remedies, or nosodes, or what? Just generally (I am sure you don't want to get too specific)

What are you doing to detox? You mention cleansing the lymph.

I did ozone

Hi,

I bought a ozone unit far superior to Saul's. There are two companies (or were anyway) who sold these out of Canada. The guy made me get training on how to use it before he would even sell it to me.

I did saunas, rectals, ears, water and nothing happened good or bad. When I went for training the lady removed a lot of blood and mixed it with ozone and sent it back into my bloodstream. I think Klinghardt, Mr. alternative has even said that ozone is not useful in the vast majority of Lyme cases.

Too bad, it wasn't cheap; I know it has worked for some but the data I gathered through several people says it doesn't work for the vast majority.

SU

mojoey

i think

most of us would rather do it mike's way (gentle but precisely targeted), but there are very few doctors that have as good a grasp of both the psychneuroimmunology of CFS as well as the energy-based principles. It's usually a give and take. For example, I have a few practitioners in CA that are expert energetic testers IMHO, but they're only as useful as the questions and knowledge they have.

Also, it's difficult to apply energetic testing to the subconscious. When you get high readings on electrodermal or EAV testing for physical entities such as viruses or glands, it's easy to fathom there is stress at that level. However, for an organ such as the amygdala that may be responding in an atypical way but still not doing anything it wasn't designed to do in the first place (respond to stress), it may not show up as an elevated reading.

So at the end of the day, a doctor like Mike's seems to be a truly rare hybrid of both ends, and until this type of practice is more widely disseminated, use of purely energetic-based stimulation of intrinsic detoxification may be unrealistic for some patients.

mojoey

Hi SU

I was curious, where did you hear Dr. Klinghardt say ozone doesn't work in the vast majority of lyme patients?

Although I am very very fond of Dr. Klinghardt's research & theory, it is worth mentioning that he has a company that sells just about all the products that he vouches for in his presentations. For one, ozone is illegal in the U.S. so he cannot sell that just like he cannot sell photon machines like the one that I have from Germany. He has withheld opinion up until this point on photon machines despite talking about the "photon field' frequently in his presentations. He has gotten investigated by the FDA for selling certain devices, so I would expect him to err on the side of caution. Also, his ozonated oils are his main recommendations for lyme and co-infection management, so clearly he thinks there is something to ozone.

mojoey

Hi jen

I asked and he said:

"We ozonated a number of them back in 1993.
They all broke down and were unusable."

I'm not sure if the processes biopure and Saul's company used are the same, but I know I got a pretty huge reaction from taking the rizols and zeta.

Joey

Yes, one of the Rizols, Epsilon I believe did help me for a few months. My practitioner said it was for viruses using ART muscle testing.

You're right, it seems Klinghardt changes his program every year and conveniently sells the products he recommends. I have heard of a couple miracles he seemingly pulled off for severe patients but that is Lyme and co-infections.

This is from one of his articles: "Many treatment modalities have been surprisingly ineffective: ozone, hyperbaric oxygen, ICHT (intracellular
hyperthermia) and many others." I haven't done hyperbaric but obviously people have benefited from that.