The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Oxford peptides.

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by kangaSue, Mar 9, 2016.

1. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    Has anyone heard of or tried Oxford peptides sold under the company name of BioMolecular Technologies.The peptides are touted as a cure for autoimmune disease by modulating the immune system rather than suppress it but there is scant information around in the public domain and it is marketed with a great deal of secrecy behind it, i.e. only a limited number of doctors can supply i or know about it and you need to sign a non-disclosure document before being taken on as a patient to get a 3 weekly $300+ injection.

I saw it said in another forum that is discussed in forums to do with RA or ME/CFS but there is little coming up searching here which is where I expected to find out all about it.

2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

Are you sure the names are right? There seems to be nothing on the web (except this thread).

3. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    That's my concern, nothing in the public domain and it's only being promoted on a person to person basis.

My only information comes from the contributor drjudy in this forum discussion https://www.inspire.com/groups/auto...n/functional-medicine-and-autoimmune-disease/ which smacks of peddlers of hope and a promise without any disclosure of what type of peptide you might be taking.

4. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
  5. Jonathan Edwards

I wonder if this is garbled. The name Oxford rings alarm bells for me. It sounds as if someone is trying to pretend some link with Oxford University. If there was a link it would be out there on PubMed or at least a department website.

6. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    @Jonathan Edwards The person in the Inspire forum professing to be a doctor promoting the peptides mentions they come from a symposium group which looks like being this mob, Oxford Global. Do you know about about their reputation.
    http://www.peptides-congress.com/

7. Jonathan Edwards

That just sounds like a company that sells conferences.

8. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    @Jonathan Edwards, Yes, you're quite right, they are just a conference promoter.

Makes even less sense to me now that someone selling peptides as an autoimmune cure would want to mix the name of the product with that of the conference group to call it "Oxford peptides".

9. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Simply snake oil. There is a market for desperate people.

10. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    That was my impression from the outset, fortunately I'm always one to temper my desperation with caution beforehand.

Gingergrrl and Kati like this.
  11. Jonathan Edwards

Everyone selling something wants to mix the name of their product with 'Oxford' or 'Cambridge'. Oxford being the posher of the two, having been established in the twelfth century is usually the choice but Cambridge is a bit more trendy. It makes good marketing sense.

12. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
  13. Athene*

Athene* Senior Member

SDSue likes this.
  14. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    kangaSue likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.