The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Oxalate Dumping - a Probiotic Solution?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Asklipia, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

I have added a new thread with my latest discoveries!
    Be well!
    Asklipia

2. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  3. Gondwanaland

Sidereal likes this.
  4. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    I found a variant in my gene report yesterday that showed I might be susceptible to oxalates. I hope I saved it or printed it out....time to get organized.

5. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Pls share & consider posting on trying low oxolates facebook group

6. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
  7. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

8. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @aquariusgirl , ok, that's what I thought, but sometimes I answer someone's question to someone else as if it were to me, so wanted to make sure.

I will look for what I found, papers scattered everywhere. I'm a member over there so I was going to make sure I understood it right before I started scattering the wrong info.

9. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    Here's what I found and I'm homozygous. It's gene SLC13A1 and the allele (?) is rs7780966. This is just what I found as one of my variants and it says it (the gene) can cause osteochondrodysplasia and hyperoxyluria. I don't know if it's with this particular snp or not.

I can only get so far trying to track things down and then I finally give up because I don't know how to figure the fine points out. I did find some articles to confirm the snp but I'm not sure if this type of oxyluria is what I was looking for.
    Maybe? Wish I could get a better handle on figuring this stuff out.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything about it, I would need to know before I say any more, because it's like hit or miss with me. thanks.

10. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

I don't see any indication that that particular SNP has any impact. Also, both alleles are extremely common, so a great many people (20-25%) would be homozygous for either version.

Paralee likes this.
  11. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    Thanks Valetijin, I did notice they were both common, one of these days I'll be able to learn about individual snps better, maybe.

12. Gondwanaland

After a recent adverse event I am thanking my eye improvement to the milk riboflavin. And the worsening to excess boron / sulfites which deplete B2.
    @Violeta

Paralee and Violeta like this.
  13. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @Gondwanaland or someone that knows about buying the B2 and K2 supplements.....What brand would be good and how much should I take? (I'm sensitive with supplements).
    I was reading about this and I think now I'm low on B2 because of the skeletal problems a deficiency can cause, and I've been meaning to get the K2. I almost bought it once but it had the mk4 and mk7 in equal amounts. I wasn't sure if that was good or a different percentage would be better.
    I seem to have deficiencies in boron also, so maybe a small amt of boron and B6 (yes, now I'm low in
    B6) so.....thanks if you know. I'm wondering if they would just all end up cancelling each other out?

Violeta likes this.
  14. Gondwanaland

@Paralee I mostly order my supps from a local compounding pharmacy, but when I buy online my personal criteria to choose supplements are:

1) it must be affordable
    2) I prefer in capsules so I can open them and pour just a tiny bit in a glass with water to gauge my reaction and find out what they do (tablets can be hard to cut)
    3) I always pick the lowest dosage available
    4) I avoid brands that use multiple unpronounceable fillings

Other people have other criteria

15. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    Thanks @Gondwanaland , I hadn't thought of a compounding pharmacy, much preferable than all that filler junk. I will call and see what they are willing to do.

16. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @Gondwanaland , I think I may need to build my vit. D back up a little first before I try the K2, as per a post I just saw on possibly needing calcium supplements that you posted. I've been a little lax on my vit. D intake, and calcium won't absorb without the D, or so I've heard.

17. Gondwanaland

Blood results of vitamins D2 and D3 are useful in this instance.

18. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @Gondwanaland , my vit d2 is always low and vit D3 isn't much better unless I really take it every day, and then it tests barely normal. I've slacked off considerably, so I know I need them. What I'm wondering about is the vit. B2.....try and get that tested, lol. Dr. didn't even check my folate when I asked. So I'm hoping just a small amount of B2 would be ok to try to see if it helps with my leg pain (& other areas). It feels like my leg is trying to break right under my right knee.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  19. Gondwanaland

Poor Zinc metabolism involved in oxalate kidney stones. This is why B6 (and carnosine/carcinine) helps... Click the link for related published research at the bottom of the page. Bolding mine.
    @Asklipia @aquariusgirl @prioris @Violeta @picante @Lolinda

Violeta, Hanna and Asklipia like this.
  20. Gondwanaland

Interestingly, a lower Zinc intake correlates with increased risk for kidney stones in humans:

Violeta likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.