• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Overview of the 4 Collaborative Research Centers, by Simon McGrath

ljimbo423

From the article-

Concentrating firepower for more reliable results
There’s a striking overlap in the approaches used by the different collaboratives, with two of them using an exercise challenge, two focusing on metabolomics and the microbiome, and all of the groups majoring on the immune system.

I'm really happy to see that 2 of the research centers are focused on the microbiome!:thumbsup:

I am convinced the microbiome, the immune system and the metabolomics, are the 3 core issues in the cause of me/cfs. With a little luck these researchers will soon make it much clearer how these are all biologically interconnected in me/cfs.

I also think there will be big insights through the exercise challenge research. Very exciting stuff!!

Jim

Simon

Thank you for posting, @Janet Dafoe (Rose49), and for your part in setting up the Stanford collaborative.

Is the summary of the new collaboratives in a single picture:
2CF23A67-CB38-4430-A7F5-850540399898.jpeg

Full blog: https://mecfsresearchreview.me/2018/04/26/a-new-research-landscape-emerges-in-america/