• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Out of Breathe When Running

Hello,

I have an HHV-6 IGg of 1:1280 but the doctor said it was an inactive virus. But I convinced him to give me Valcyte because I have EXTREME, brain fog, fatigue and some anxiety. I was also wondering about one other thing that maybe someone could help me with. I am 39yo and use to be a competitive 5k&10K running usually running about 5:50 minute miles. Well when these other symptoms I mentioned reared their head about 5 years ago I also noticed I became out of breath A LOT quicker and could not run the same. I have had just about EVERY test known from all different doctors and the only thing that has every come up abnormal is the HHV-6 IGg levels. My doctor is very convinced the virus is inactive so I don't know what to say about that. Has it been shown that an active HHV-6 virus can compromise VO2 max levels? Thanks very much. Oh, btw I have had the Valcyte for 7 months now and have not taken it......scared of the side effects and potential permanent one but I think I am going to be forced to try it.