1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Our Roll of Honour for 2009

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Katie, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Khalyal

Khalyal Guest

I will second that, wholeheartedly. John has spent a lifetime advocating for us all.

And on that note, I'd also like to add Roy Snow. His history in advoacy has been amazing.

2. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Did anybody mention the Swedish researchers yet?

Jonas Blomburg & Carl-Gerhart Gottfries, Upsala Hospital, Sweden

And the Cornell Study:

Maureen Hanson, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY USA

ps Katie, I have a great idea for a graphic for the "Heroes of CFS" awards - mockup soon. :)

3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Mike Dessin - for telling his story to a skeptical world, taking the knocks he got for doing so and staying engaged throughout all the ups and downs and giving us all hope!

Mikes story ranks up with XMRV as the most surprising of the year. In fact Mike's recovery from those depths he experienced is considerably MORE surprising than the fact that someone found a retrovirus in this disease. Surely no one has recovered from such a debilitated state. Particularly since he did it by getting water :) (homeopathy) injected into him. :) :).

What an amazing story and how well he told it.

4. Michael Dessin

Michael Dessin Senior Member

Ohio
    Marly Silverman

MARLY SILVERMAN--PANDORA

Marly is a warrior for us. I don't think people really understand the depth of her passion and tenacity in advocating for us patients. (hopefuly most of us do)

If you get a chance please send her a thank you note before year end!

She is a very special person.

Thanks All
    Mike

5. The Phantom

The Phantom Member

near Philadelphia
    Tom Kindlon, who for years has kept his eye on what's really important and made sure people know about it. And please don't forget Dr. Peterson, a doctor who has listened to his patients and doggedly pursued the truth about this disease.

6. fresh_eyes

Hi Katie and everybody.

As you may know I've been working on a concept & design for an award for the people on our Roll of Honour. Here's the prototype:

[​IMG][/IMG]

I'm really excited about this because it's so fun to think of celebrating these people and letting them know what they mean to us. In spite of all the awful things we've been through and the challenges we face, we also have some real reason to celebrate, so let's do it! Go Superheroes!

7. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    I love that fresh eyes it's fantastic, we should have it put on t-shirts.

8. Katie

Katie Guest

That's so bright and vibrant Fresh eyes, I love it. Do you want to tie it in more to the CFSOUT stuff? I wondered if you wanted to tie in the fonts and such to the rebrand campaign so it's more identifiable with CFSOUT or keep it something on its own? I'm happy with either. Ooh, for the winners can you put 'Winner 2009' on it? That would be cool.

I'd be loooking to enact all this in January as I'm pretty energy committed for the next few weeks. I'm also supposed to be looking after my niece part time when her mum goes into labour the first week of Jan but I definately want to do this. Gosh life get's hectic!

9. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    That's awesome fresh eyes :D You're very talented.

flybro-- I like your Sig and I saw where you first conceived that idea. :)

10. blackbird

blackbird caged.

UK
    fresh_eyes

Adding DC Comics and Warners to the Red Cross for legal disputes.

Publicity here we come............

11. fresh_eyes

I know, right? :D

ETA If enough people see it for anyone to care, I'll consider it a huge victory...

12. flybro

flybro Senior Member

pluto
    Cheers teejkay, yep these forums bring out the best from my brain. it's even better now, I fixed the typos. :D

See more popular forum discussions.