1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

OUR FAVORITE DRUG (HOPE), AND TIME TO SAY “AUF WIEDERSEHEN”, October 8, 2012, by XMRV Global Action

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Frickly, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    "Suffice it to say that the XGA team has reached a turning point, and we wanted to exit with a positive statement about hope. This is not a capitulation, rather an opportune time for us individually to focus on our health and our respective advocacy initiatives. October 8th seemed like an apropos day to close shop, and to pass the torch on to other forums. We hope that the tone and content of this letter conveys our feeling of continuing and irrepressible optimism about research and treatment prospects for neuro-immune diseases and for M.E. Even with XMRV’s demise, we have moved substantially forward. And each of us is continuing to work in the background on our own personal advocacy initiatives."

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5WMbsUn0T0TZDJGU2x0NTlnZHM
  2. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    We’ve already found an error in our Resources for XGA members:Somehow we linked Jennie Spotila with Frank Twisk’s Twitter account. The resource list should read:

ME/NEURO-IMMUNE BLOGS:
    Occupy CFS: www.occupycfs.com

TWITTER:
    Jennie Spotila: https://twitter.com/knittahknits
  3. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Frickly likes this.
  4. Lynne B

Lynne B Senior Member

sydney, australia
    Hullo Frickly and gracenote,

That's a great closing letter! It's moved me to tears, the way it sums up all the work by all the dedicated scientists and researchers and patient advocates doing their best for us. And you're right, we will prevail, it's simply a matter of more time and more work. I'm looking forward to the many moments ahead as the pieces of the puzzle come together and more and more members leave this forum because they've recovered enough to go on with their lives.

cheers,

Lynne B
    Frickly and gracenote like this.
  5. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Excellent closing letter summarizing where XMRV has taken us and where we are now.

Thank you to the XGA members who ran a professional site with up-to-date bulletins. Now rest and focus on your health.:thumbsup:
    Frickly and gracenote like this.
  6. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    CFS Patient Advocate
    WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2012

http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.com/2012/10/see-you-later.html

ikke2001be likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.