• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Our "fatigue"

SaveMe

drained, depleted, wiped out, exhausted.

Suppression of a virus/retrovirus will not correct the issue.

I feel the damage done is on a cellular level involving chromosomes and dna alteration and/or permanent dysfunction.
that is our core, our foundation

are any CFS genome studies published?

SaveMe

my wish came true :(

A 2007 review stated that certain genetic polymorphisms might be regarded as predisposing factors. Studies have shown genetic differences in genes of CFS patients and healthy controls in the central nervous,endocrine,immune and cardiovascular systems.

CFS-related abnormalities in gene expression have been studied. Changes in genes involved in transport (both vesicle-mediated and protein transport), metabolism, immune regulation, neuronal function, mitochondrial function, apoptosis and other processes have been reported.

We are aliens, our DNA is damaged.

Lets get down to the bottom of this, Go Big or Go Home. We don't have time to waste.

kurt

I noticed in the current CAA call for research proposals they are asking for new genomic studies. Would be nice if we knew more about those abnormalities...

SaveMe

kurt, you stay on top of your research! you also have the methylation protocol right? I saved it somewhere.

soxfan

My fatigue feels as though the life has drained out of me and I am left with just a shell of myself. I never have the sleepy or want to sleep fatigue. It has always been a total draining in which I have to lay down and rest..I am totally unable to fall asleep during the day. Maybe that would help if I could...