1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Other organizations

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by usedtobeperkytina, Aug 25, 2010.

1. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    Ok, I haven't seen this point. And maybe I am missing a discussion on this elsewhere.

But, these viruses cause leukemia and cancer in mice. Has anyone contacted the leukemia organizations? Would they be interested? Are they talking about this on message boards? Seems pretty obvious to me. If it causes leukemia in mice, and now it is in humans.....

I know this is why NCI was interested to begin with. So, might some other cancer patient organizations be interested in funding their own research.

Anyone called them?

Tina
  2. jewel

jewel Senior Member

Good point, such as the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
  3. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    May have to reach the patients first. And their families. As long as word is out there on FB and forums. Then the organizations would take note. I'm not sure they would notice or care first, unless there were thousands who were discussing it and wanting more done.
  4. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Here's what I don't understand. From what I read these retroviruses are not found in mice. They are only similar to a mouse retrovirus. I also read that the mouse version no longer infects mice, because mice no longer have the receptor for these. But then I also read about MLV causing cancer. Or maybe it's XMRV that can't infect mice? I'm confused.
  5. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    Join the club on being confused Andrew, my heads been spinning since monday! MLV 1, 2, 3 and 4, are you kidding me! I just started getting used to xmrv for gods sake!!!

See more popular forum discussions.