New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Oslers Web A Prequel to Autism?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by natasa778, Jul 8, 2010.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

http://www.ageofautism.com/2010/07/oslers-web-a-prequel-to-autism.html

By Kent Heckenlively, Esq.

For a long time I believed there was no group more wretched and abandoned by mainstream medicine than children with autism and their families.

However, after reading the magnificent book Oslers Web Inside the Labyrinth of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Epidemic by Hillary Johnson I have found a group which can reasonably lay claim to a similar level of hostility and indifference from the medical community. ....

2. jewel

jewel Senior Member

Thanks for posting this well-written, compassionate summary. Well worth reading. J.

3. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Natasa.

Thanks for posting this. As you may know, I believe that autism and CFS share the same basic biochemical issues. I posted a comment to that effect on the article you cited.

Best regards,

Rich

4. Frickly

Frickly Senior Member

Texas
    Excellent article! Are we finally starting to make the connection? I hope that we will see many more articles like this one in the near future.

5. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Hi Natasa,

Thanks much for posting this. I would highly recommend this article for anybody who has not, or doesn't have the energy to read "Osler's Web" by Hillary Johnson. I believe this article give a very helpful overview of how ME/CFS has been viewed for almost three decades now, and explains a lot of how the CDC is behaving regarding XMRV research.

Wayne

6. serenity

serenity Senior Member

Austin
    very good article.
    i am one of those who does not have it in me to read Osler's Web, i have it - but it's a big book! i can hardly read a magazine.

See more popular forum discussions.