• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oscillococcinum

m1she11e

I have thought about this many times but never put it to the test. I am wondering if others have been helped during rough spells with the homeopathic remedy called Oscillococcinum. There have been many times over the 29 years I have been sick that I have taken this remedy when my symptoms are on the achey, nauseated and dizzy side of the spectrum. It has always provided me some degree of relief.

My mother manages a health food store and has asked the rep from this company about my success. He insisted in only works if you actually have a flu. Regardless, I cant think of one time it hasnt helped me to some degree. Sometimes it completely relieves the nauseated feeling for the rest of the day and I forget about it.

On more than one occasion I have thought about taking it on going as directed for a flu but for a prolonged period of time to see what might happen.

Any one else use this and found it helpful???

undcvr

No it doesn't just work for the flu, it is a general immune stimulant. You know what it is right ? It is duck liver and some heart. The French love their duck don't they. Another way of putting it is that it is concentrated Foie Gras. I am almost certain that taking it for prolonged periods of time is fine since it is a natural product. I have taken dessicated beef liver and found that it helps too.

Based on the nutritional facts of the product it would seem that they took out the B12 and Iron, so what is left behind is liver enzymes if they are processed cool and not destroyed and maybe some other stuff too.

maddietod

I think you should run your test. If it always works for you, it's possible that you need it long-term, like a constitutional. It doesn't work for me as well as cell salts, so no, I haven't tried this.

Daisymay

Don't know if it works for ME in general, but we take it once a week, just a few grains, as a flu preventative through the winter months.

dsdmom

Funny you mention this because I have noticed the same thing. I tend to have some on hand for when I do feel pretty bad - too bad it's so expensive!

m1she11e

I was hoping for a "funny you mention this..." I dont buy into things lightly. I forget about the little pills and then when I am really bad I remember they have helped, then i doubt that they really DID help and then reluctantly buy some again. Every time I take them they do help. Im not saying they cure CFS but that sure would be nice!!! Of course if they did, the company would take the recipe to Dr. Cheney and only a few would EVER have access to it and at a high price. ;)

As far as cost, they are not nearly as expensive as they used to be. You can get them pretty cheap on Vitacost. Compared to every thing else I have tried, they arent too bad price wise. I just ordered enough to take on going for a month. That is if I took them 3 times a day. They havent come in yet. I dont care if they just take the edge off of some of my symptoms. That would be more than I can say for about everything else I have tried!!!

m1she11e

Sallysbloom- I dont take it for colds or a flu. I never have. It helps with me CFS induced flu like symptoms.