Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Organic, gluten-free site in UK

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by MeSci, May 31, 2017.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Has anyone in the UK tried this site for organic, vegan, gluten-free products?

https://www.artisanbread-abo.com/

(I'm thinking about it but would like some views first!)

2. Ysabelle-S

Ysabelle-S Highly Vexatious

The bread looks nice, although I'm not so keen on the prices. And the sample box seems to be temporarily unavailable.

I've seriously downgraded bread since giving up gluten, just because most of the breads are a horrible sticky consistency once they're being chewed. To use a Scots expression, 'It pure gies me the boak'. However, Sainsbury's have done two nice breads that I've tried. One was actually a roll - a pair in a vacuum sealed pack. The other was a sourdough bread. On the whole, I'm not sure I miss bread all that much, though I do like cheese on toast. I've been making better and bigger lunches rather than sandwich snacks I might have often had in the past. Sometimes it's too easy to make a sandwich. And it also means I'm eating less butter and cheese which has done wonders for a throat problem.

MeSci likes this.
  3. MeSci

Cornwall, UK
    I'm currently having Fria Grova for sliced bread (one slice a day), which is pretty nice, and Schar Panini Rolls, which are also nice, and since starting occasional glutamine again am tolerating them much better. I was getting terrible bloating, which I didn't have for some time after going gluten-free, but it's so hard to know what is causing what. It could be aspects of the illness or the time of year, of course. It's so frustrating trying to figure things out!

sarah darwins and Ysabelle-S like this.
  4. Ritto

Ritto

This isn't for bread. But, in case its of any use, I get great gluten free pasta from https://www.nomadhealth.uk. I eat 'Green Banana' and 'Flaxseed' but hear the others are good too.

Ysabelle-S likes this.
  5. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    +1 vote for the Schar paninis. One of those, bit of cheese, but of salad, maybe a raw carrot and an apple ... nice lunch.

Ysabelle-S likes this.
  6. MeSci

Cornwall, UK
    I find that about every other, or maybe one in three, of the loaves of that have holes inside in the bottom half though! I like them with vegan cheese or pate (e.g. mushroom).

sarah darwins likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.