1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS
A small study with just nine patients has captured the attention of patients and researchers alike after reporting direct evidence of inflammation in the brain of ME/CFS patients. The finding was one of the highlights picked out by Professor Anthony Komaroff in his IACFS/ME...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Organic acids test useful?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Arise, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Arise

Arise

I have been thinking about doing the "metabolic analysis profile" test from Genova. I have already decided to get the GI effects stool test done for minor gut issues.

From what I can gather it seems the organic acids test can identify potential deficiencies relating to the kreb's cycle. And also might serve as a bio marker for cfs/me. So what are others opinion of this test?

At the moment I don't have any diagnosis so it might also be useful to have some evidence of whats wrong with me. I know there are some other tests that relate to cfs/me such as the mitochondrial profile, leaky gut and methylation panel.

Thanks for replies
  2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I'm not sure.

Have you done 23andme or another genetic test? That is worth it.
  3. Arise

Arise

I have not had any genetic testing done. I don't actually know much about 23andMe, in what way is it useful?

I am assuming it will highlight potential issues but not indicate what actually is going on.
  4. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US

Mostly to know which methylation supplements to take, because it says which SNPs you have problems with. There is a forum for genetic testing: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?forums/genetic-testing-and-snps.12/

If you view caledonia's signature she has good links for learning about methylation. Under information or open one of her posts. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?members/caledonia.90/
    Arise likes this.
  5. Arise

Arise

Thanks I will have a look at that later SOS.

See more popular forum discussions.