• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Organic acids, Amino acids, and Cortisol results

Ema

They were blood, except the RT3.
I've been asking around a bit today and I can't find anyone who knows about RT3 in urine unfortunately. I'm not convinced that you can use a urine measurement and a serum measurement to create the ratio properly. Especially because I am certain that the ratio would be 100 based on the calculator at the RT3 Yahoo group if we use 46 for the RT3. And that just doesn't make sense given your overall thyroid and health picture.

If it were me, I would either go to directlabs.com and get a blood RT3 level or just simply proceed on with thyroid replacement since you already know you are hypo.

You could do T3 only for 12 weeks or so as per the RT3 protocol and then switch over to a natural desiccated thyroid hormone product that contains T4/T3 or to a mixture of synthetic T4 and T3. I'm a little concerned with your low cortisol levels though throughout the day that you might have a harder time tolerating T3 though. It is best to get adrenals sorted first before starting on anything with T3.

You might also look at the Paul Robinson book Recovering with T3 if you are interested in trying to heal your adrenals using circadian dosing of T3.

Milk thistle has also been reported to help lower levels of RT3. You might also want to watch your carnitine level as that can block conversion of thyroid hormone as well.

Ema

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
It looks as if she doesn't have enough cortisol to help transport the T3 in the cells just as you said. Private MD Labs has the Reverse T3 for $59.43 and you get 10% if you use the coupon on the "Home" page. It is doctor ordered and has to be drawn at a Labcorp draw center.

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/index.php

From blood drawn 2 weeks ago: Negative for Lyme (all bands), negative for Q-fever, negative for ANA, and even my ESR was back to normal at 15.

I'm weird.